International award-winning executive recruitment expert Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of a reputable name operating in Financial Services. Our client - a leading global company in packaging solutions - is seeking the best fit & key person for the role.
The SOX Internal Control Finance Manager's role involves overseeing and ensuring the effectiveness of internal controls related to financial reporting and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Sox). Key responsibilities include:
- Sox Compliance Management.
- Internal Control Framework.
- Process Improvement and Optimization.
- Training and Awareness.
- Sox Compliance Management:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive Sox compliance program, ensuring adherence to all applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Evaluate existing internal controls and financial reporting processes to identify areas of improvement and recommend remediation plans.
- Monitor changes in Sox regulations and assess the impact on the organization's internal control framework.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors during Sox audits, providing necessary documentation and addressing audit findings.
- Internal Control Framework:
- Develop and maintain a robust internal control framework that aligns with Sox requirements and best practices.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments to identify potential control gaps and implement appropriate controls to mitigate risks.
- Ensure the documentation of key financial processes and controls, including flowcharts, narratives, and control matrices.
- Monitor control effectiveness through testing and evaluation of controls, and promptly address any identified deficiencies.
- Process Improvement and Optimization:
- Continuously evaluate financial processes to identify opportunities for process improvement, automation, and efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Finance, IT, and Compliance, to streamline and integrate internal controls into business processes.
- Lead or participate in projects related to system implementations, process changes, and organizational initiatives, ensuring effective internal controls are in place.
- Training and Awareness:
- Conduct training sessions to educate employees on Sox requirements, internal control policies, and procedures.
- Promote a culture of compliance and awareness by providing regular communication and guidance on Sox-related matters.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging trends in internal controls and Sox compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. A master's degree or relevant professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CMA, CIA) are highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Sox regulations, internal control frameworks (e.g., COSO), and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Proven experience in managing Sox compliance programs and leading Sox audits.
- Solid understanding of financial processes and systems, including financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to identify control gaps, evaluate risks, and develop effective remediation plans.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and drive initiatives to completion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy in financial reporting and control documentation.
- Familiarity with ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle) and data analytics tools is a plus.
- Prior experience in a public accounting firm or a regulated industry is advantageous.