Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a technology company that is US-based who is a leading provider of advanced technology solutions that secure the vital assets of the world's most demanding enterprises. As part of their portfolio of capabilities in providing cost-effective solutions to military, intelligence, and civilian agencies of the federal government, they have extensive experience in delivering output that meets exacting standards and under demanding conditions.
Our respected client is seeking a Front-end Developer (System Developer) - Angular to develop and implement software solutions according to a pre-defined set of guidelines and standards and research and take advantage of emerging technologies. The job is in Makati City, Philippines, with a work-from-home setup, but their office is open for those who want to work in the office.
Key job responsibilities:
- Reviews Requirements Detail Package (RDPs) and Visual Requirements Detail Package (VRDPs).
- Analyzes requirements and assesses impact on current functionalities.
- Assesses and provides estimates for the technical considerations and required of the project.
- Generates development plan.
- Creates technical design per ER.
- Creates document on research, implementation, deployment, configuration, etc.
- Sends the document for design review.
- Works closely with UX team to discuss technical challenges in the UI design.
- Develops system requirements.
- Creates application based on the agreed design and implementation.
- Reviews and ensures that the agreed technical standards are being followed.
- Provides updates on task progress.
- Provides first level software development quality assurance.
- Presents completed tasks for code review.
- Assists Technical lead in identifying solutions to issues encountered during software development.
- Research on new technology needed for development and evaluates relevance on the project.
- When needed, creates a prototype based on research conducted.
- Ensures that technology used is current and relevant to tasks.
- Reviews test cases provided by QA team.
- Provides support to the technical lead in performing general team duties.
- Manages small projects with minimal supervision.
- Prepares accomplishment report for documentation and Project Manager monitoring.
- Attends meetings, as required.
- May report on non-regular working hours, as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested and within areas of expertise.
Reports and Records
- Prepared Reports: Daily and weekly accomplishment reports, Ad Hoc reports, as requested
- Accessed Records
- Bug records
- Enhancement records
- Meeting records
- Project records
- Source codes
Key job requirements:
- Intermediate knowledge of the Angular framework and best practices
- Intermediate knowledge of creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Intermediate knowledge of responsive design and techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of front-end/browser side performance tuning and optimization across all platforms (desktop and mobile)
- Intermediate knowledge of testing and test runner frameworks (such as Jasmine and Karma)
- Intermediate knowledge and application of design patterns
- Intermediate knowledge of Translating Technical Requirements to Workflow Process and Diagrams
- Knowledge of consuming RESTful API
- Knowledge of web security vulnerabilities such as XSS, CSRF etc
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing
- Knowledge with the concepts of version control
- Knowledge of the concepts of build and deployment
- Knowledge of development tools and IDEs
- Good research skills; is resourceful and persevering
- Good analytical skills; keen attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Ability to work in and with teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Is accountable
- Strong grasp of corporate values
- Capable of making sound decisions
- Is proactive and capable of self-direction and self-motivation
- Bachelor's degree of any four (4) year computer-related course
- With at least three (3) years' experience as Software Developer
- With at least 3 years' experience in front-end development and UI design
- Good development experience with Angular 6 or higher
- Experience creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Good understanding and application of Angular best practices
- Good experience designing and developing responsive web applications
- Good experience writing cross-browser compatibility code
- Experience with data visualization using D3 highly desired
- Experience with Angular/front-end performance tuning and optimization highly desired
- Experience with web security vulnerabilities such as XSS, CSRF
- Experience with testing and test runner frameworks (such as Jasmine and Karma)
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- Good understanding of CSS frameworks like SASS
- Experience in cloud computing is a plus