Fund Accountant, Assistant Manager
- Be the primary client service contact for assigned portfolio. Monitor and respond promptly to client requests. Strengthen client relationships.
- Main point of contact on a day-to-day basis for operational matters and critical issues that need to be addressed before work get disseminated to the other team member
- Reviewing financial statements, management accounts and accounting packages
- Proficient in drafting wordings for disclosure wordings for IFRS/US GAAP accounting conventions
- Reviewing Capital Account Statements and Net Asset Values
- Reading/understanding Fund documents like Subscription documents, partnership agreements, and shareholder agreements for existing/new fund and explaining the key terms to team members
- Reviewing capital call and distribution notices
- Preparing/Reviewing waterfall and equalization workings
- Coordinating and dealing with Fund investors on meeting investor's specific reporting requirements
- Reviewing investor requests and any ad hoc requests from client.
- Working closely with other teams (i.e. Cash Management, Investor Services and Corporate Secretarial) to ensure overall operations are running smoothly.
- Providing formal/informal training to staff on both accounting and private equity/industry aspects
- Undertake general administration and other special projects as assigned by the Management.
- Dealing with staff issues like leaves, sickness and other issues on a daily basis and ensuring staff are happy and motivated in their jobs
- Conducting formal staff evaluations on a six monthly and annual basis
- Be a main coordinator within the team for certain tasks assigned.
Attributes & Skills:
- Effective client-handling skills
- Strong prioritizing ability and organizational skills
- Analytical, meticulous and systematic in approach to work
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and multi-task
- Independent and resourceful
- Self-motivated, diligent, positive working attitude and a good team player
- Demonstrate computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software
- Overall 6 - 8 years of work experience in audit / accounting fields with at least 4 years in Private Equity Fund industry.
- Prior experience either with another Fund Administrator or Fund Manager is preferred, part of which must have been in management or supervisory capacity
- Sound knowledge of Singapore FRS/IFRS and US GAAP
- Solid understanding of operational functions including Fund Structures, Fund Accounting, Equalisations, Calls/Distributions and Waterfall models
Company Reg No.: 201131609D | License No.: 11C4684 | Reg No: R1986850, Anissa Sia