Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a growing savings bank who has been thriving in servicing SMEs in the market. This bank is looking for a General Accountant with a minimum of one year of experience. The job is based in Makati City, Philippines.
Responsible for evaluating account statements, conducting data analysis with financial transactions, and generating reports on revenues, expenses, and sales forecasting. The position is also responsible for managing discrepancies on the company and clients' profiles, including bank reconciliations and processing of account receivables and payables.
Key Job Responsibilities Includes:
- Ensure completeness of data entries in the General Ledger.
- Record daily transactions in the GL system accurately and timely.
- Post month-end journal entries in the system within deadline
- Maintain schedules of each account for proper and timely monitoring
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with preparing tax returns and bank reporting requirements for BSP and external audit.
- Coordinate with requesting units for any accounting0related concern.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the immediate superior.
Key Job Requirement Includes:
- Accounting graduate with at least one year of relevant experience
- Experience in Temenos (T24) as a core banking system a plus
- Ability to analyze data and produce reports and required schedules according to requirements and deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office especially for Excel and accounting software (e.g., Noah)
- Fast learner, detail-oriented, critical thinker and able to work independently with minimum supervision as well as team player.
- Related experience with general accounting and accounts reconciliation in a banking industry preferred but not required.
- Self-directed and can start immediately.