International award-winning executive recruitment expert Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of a multinational machinery trading company.
Our client, the company is seeking an experienced IT professionals for Global IT Director position. This role will be based in Ho Chi Minh City.
He/She will hold a significant leadership role within the Group, leads the IT department, is in charge of managing and overseeing the Group Information Technology (IT) functions.
- IT Strategy
- Supervise a specific plan for information technology; assess, modify, and execute the plan with the aim of equipping the organization with proficient and productive software and hardware resources
- Supporting the deployment of systems (ERP, CRM, etc.)
- Prepare annual IT CAPEX and OPEX for approvals.
- IT Security
- Monitor and control IT security
- Develop Group security strategies, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure a solid, safe, and cost-effective security plan that addresses the entire life cycle of data management.
- Perform regular and recurring GAP analyses and security audits to make sure the current security measures are sufficient.
- Work together with Group HR to develop an IT security training program that is methodical, ongoing, and efficient.
- IT Infrastructure & Support
- Monitor and control IT Infrastructure & Users Support
- Manage IT infrastructure team to guarantee flawless and efficient functioning of the network, servers, storage, desktops, data center/hosting, IT security, video conferencing, telephone operations, etc.
- Examine and identify potential RISKS related to our infrastructure setup. Offer a solution, a plan of action, and include this additional cost in the yearly CAPEX/OPEX assessment.
- Ensure that country IT user support provides effective service at a high level.
- To ensure speed, security, cost effectiveness, and efficiency, make sure there is a good balance between cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Ensure that all IT services contracts are managed properly.
- Maintain a balance between insourcing and outsourcing while taking the Group's cost advantage into account.
- IT Business Development & Project Management
- Monitor and control IT Business Development (Software development) & Project Management
- Manage the team to make sure it follows the business strategy and goal.
- Ensure that the IT team has the resources and necessary knowledge to enable the introduction of new systems as well as to ensure that the system receives full internal support, enhancement, and development after implementation.
- Functional leadership responsibility for all employees of the respective departments
- Offer direction, inspire, and help staff grow in order to help the group reach its goals and reduce employee turnover.
- Establish goals, encourage performance, and hold people accountable for achieving them.
- Conduct salary and bonus discussions with department heads.
- Launch hiring processes and choose qualified individuals for department heads. Approve senior positions in the corresponding departments.
- Communicate the group's vision and mission in a thorough way to ensure that it is incorporated into day-to-day activities.
- Encourage harmony among the department's staff members to keep them engaged and ensure that operations run smoothly.
- Manage the direct reports' qualification plans.
- If necessary, take corrective action in collaboration with the disciplinary management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and related fields.
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar role within an international organization.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and technologies and have at least 5 years of IT service delivery experience.
- Experience in IT management, including infrastructure and applications management, data warehousing, architecture, and networking.
- Experience in implementing business operations platforms such as ERP, CRM, and WMS.
- Professional and familiar with Western working culture.
- Skills: problem solving, stakeholders management, proactive.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, understands the nuance of cross-cultural communication and has the flexibility and ability to communicate well cross culturally.
- Good communication in English.