Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading AI and big data company providing digital transformation, fraud prevention and process automation services in Asia. Our respected client is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional for the job of Head of Application Security. The job is currently remote work in the Philippines.
As the Head of Application Security, you will lead a squad of (3 - 5) highly skilled application security engineers and will serve as the security expert and advisor for senior management on emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and security concerns. Protecting data of users, ensure new products and designs are architected safe by default, build monitoring and detection systems, work collaboratively with cross functional teams to promote a security-first culture, squash vulnerabilities, and help us achieve our compliance and regulatory goals.
- Design, develop, and maintain Lob's core security protocols, policies, and services
- Present findings and explain impact and solutions to any level of leadership and other engineers
- Build out a comprehensive security roadmap
- Ensure compliance against relevant industry security standards
- Perform regular audits and patch vulnerabilities
- Evangelize and educate security best practices across the company
- Participate in the design of new services and infrastructure
- Create proper automation and monitoring to enforce security policies and detect threats
- Attract, hire and develop security talent
- Proven work experience as a software security engineer
- 7+ years of proven security experience with 3+ years in leadership roles, preferably in an environment where data / systems are in the cloud.
- Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Experience managing security and partnering with internal/external stakeholders in a high-consequence environments where critical customer/partner data is at stake.
- Proven experience as a hiring manager and team-builder, leading and motivating cross-functional initiatives, and strong partnership with recruiting.
- Thorough understanding of the current threat and attack landscape, latest security trends and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex security technology matters in an easy-to-understand manner to executives, teams and individual contributors across the organization.
- Experience designing/implementing controls to meet regulatory frameworks such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, etc.
- Capable of working in a complex, fast-paced environment, and ability to maintain calm during stressful situations
- SOC & CC
- ACCESS CONTROL
- VIDEO SURVEILLANCE
- INTRUSION DETECTION
- THREAT PREVENTION
- SECURITY INDUSTRY