Head of Business Development
Event Caterers (hospitality)
Based in Leeds
1 direct report
** ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE FROM A HOSPITALITY OR CATERING INDUSTRY **
Looking for a strong operator and networker who has experience in the event catering industry to drive new business and revenue for this leading hospitality catering company.
In this role you will responsible for:
- Developing an annual sales strategy that ensures sales goals and profitability
- Leading monthly meetings with the various sales groups to monitor performance and share best practice.
- Providing monthly Business Development reports to the senior team
- Leading the sales teams at different locations to achieve maximum profitability and growth.
- Establishing plans and strategies to expand the customer base. Contribute to the personal development of colleagues and ensure adherence to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Working closely with the Marketing Coordinator to deliver more customers to our venues.
Your targets will include:
- Achieving annual sales value of new contracts each year
- Prospecting for these new contracts through research, cold calling and follow up.
- Maintaining a clear record of contacts made, opportunities generated and ensure an efficient system is in place to follow up at the appropriate time.
- Gaining approval for the financial and business terms of each prospect with the MD and FD before proceeding to final offer.
- Assisting the relevant Operations Director to ensure a smooth mobilisation and contract start up.
The company culture is very hands-on and it is expected that the job holder will be operational from time to time both as a necessity when business is at its peak and also to set a good example. This includes clashes, big events, contract start-ups and keeping a relationship with clients.
Design and manage the various incentive programmes to ensure sales performance is enhanced by these.