Head of Distribution (National)
Executive research firm Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of an alcoholic beverage manufacturing and distribution company. Our respective client is looking for a Head of Distribution (National) who will manage all aspects of the distribution and marketing on a national level. This role will be reporting to the company President with onsite and filed work requirement.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the overall direction of sales and distribution strategy.
- Spearheads and oversees an organization's distribution procedures, ensuring efficiency and smooth workflow.
- Coordinate with different departments to identify and understand the distribution needs, set goals and guidelines, manage budgets and schedules.
- Responsible for maximizing value in various distribution channels.
- Be a catalyst for change and accelerate the digitization across channels.
- Execute short-term and long-term distribution strategy to support growth, profitability, and operational objectives of the company.
- Ensure distribution standards of performance, behaviours, and attitudes commensurate with the company vision and values statements.
- Establish robust and sustainable channel management functions for continuous sales and growth; manage and supervise business activities pertaining to all sales and distribution aspects.
- Develop sales processes and platforms that deliver superior customer experience.
- Effectively drive new business volume and value through holistic management of campaigns, incentives and customer needs frameworks.
- Responsible for the effective leadership, motivation and development of management team and staff.
- Is a key member of the senior executive team to help set the strategic direction, working closely with functional teams to deliver customer-first strategy.
- Drive increased penetration of business through existing business partners and responsible for successful acquisition of new partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or any other related course
- At least 10 years work experience in FMCG distribution, 3 years as manager
- At least 5 years work experience as head of finance, experience in overall finance and accounting
- Proven success in national distribution
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to drive the process from plan to close.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products
- Proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills