Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting is recruiting on behalf of an international insurance consulting service. The company specializes in providing technical and non-technical business solutions to both life and non-life insurance members. The company is one of the fastest-growing insurance consulting businesses in Thailand and currently is expanding its own business into becoming an insurance broker
This position will be responsible for being the Head of the Health and Benefits Division and the person will be the P&L owner to deliver profitable growth and business goals for this division. Also, the person will be responsible to create client value propositions and implement the target operating model to compete effectively to gain market share. As an experienced H&B professional, you will also manage a diverse variety of clients and projects including design, pricing, funding, implementation and management of a full array of health and group benefits programs.
- P&L owner: Contribute to the development of plans and budgets, delivering planned performance and ensuring the country H&B practice generates revenue, profit and market share growth in accordance with the regional plan
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell new products and services
- Coordinate with client management and business development teams to identify, develop and close strategic sales opportunities
- Build relationships with internal and external parties to maximise the penetration of key target accounts
- Lead, manage and participate in multiple client engagements,
- Present quality deliverables to clients; able to recognize and diagnose issues, work in teams, and leverage the resources of other related practices to address client challenges
- Establish a trusted advisor role with clients and provide consistent, superior relationship management
- Ensure project managers within the team are maintaining progress against established budget, timeline and quality standards
- Collaborate across geographies and lines of business to effectively pursue and deliver on multi-faceted projects
- Act as a subject matter expert, ensuring that clients are regularly informed about the implications and opportunities that changing laws and regulations have on their benefits plans
- Develop your personal profile in the market
- Ensure appropriate governance and work quality processes are followed on work carried out within the team
- Contribute to the development of any new Health & Benefits tools and approaches within Asia Pacific
- People management and development: Develop and execute on strategic staffing plans, including all people processes (e.g., recruiting, training and development, goal setting and performance management, employee satisfaction and compensation/bonus recommendations)
- Oversee the work allocation within the team, identifying where additional technical support may be required
- Act as a mentor to members within the team
- Proven ability to acquire new business and generate profitable revenue in a similar business.
- An executive presence with polished and well developed written and oral communication skills.
- English proficiency required to work with multinational clients and communicate with regional colleagues.
- Possesses ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of an organization
- Multiple years experience and success in the design/management of large group health and benefits plans in a consulting/brokerage environment; prior experience in underwriting or in an actuarial function gained in a carrier environment preferred