The Head of Engineering will be responsible for project-oriented technical work streams, primarily related to the digital assets platform and related products. They will be directly involved in the design and building of digital asset solutions, and manage the resources, vendors and delivery partners for these solutions. They will also partner with the CTO, the Head of Architecture, and the Head of Infrastructure as the technical leadership team to design and oversee the technical strategy. This position requires deep technical experience and skill sets, coupled with project management skills, experience in financial industries, and a passion for the emerging technologies that underlie digital assets and the future of capital markets. The Head of Engineering will report to the CTO.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design and manage complex development projects to ensure that requirements, milestones and deliverables are met.
- Manage development teams, vendors, and delivery partners for project delivery, including remote and outsourced resources.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies and vendors, and work with vendors on solution design and implementation.
- Develop technical assets as needed, such as design documents, software evaluations and configurations, and custom coding.
- Participate in the technical steering committees, and any meetings or workshops in which engineering and delivery as topics are needed.
- Work with counterparts on joint projects as needed.
- Work alongside the CTO, the Head of Infrastructure, the Head of Enterprise Architecture, and any other senior technical staff to set the strategic direction, policies, and deliverables.
- Work with the Head of Security and CTO to define policies and standards for risk mitigation and security for the various IT environments, using the Monetary Authority of Singapore Technical Risk Management documentation for guidance; for example, SDLC security, governance for requirements analysis and development, quality management, etc.
- Attend client meetings or workshops as needed, at the direction of the CTO or CEO.
- Represent the company in the Singapore technical community as time and availability permit.
- Other duties and special projects as needed by the CTO or the senior leadership.
Qualifications & Skills:
- At least ten years of experience in Information Technology, as a developer, architect and/or consultant, preferably in or related to a financial services industry (such as banking, capital markets, or insurance).
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and including at least five years of experience in two of the four SDLC verticals: Front End Development, Back End Development, DevOps, and Quality Assurance.
- An additional three years of experience in other areas related to IT, such as solution architecture and application design, digital process automation, application integration, security assessment and design, data architecture, network design, service-oriented architecture, etc.
- Demonstrable track record of technical project management, development team management, and problem-solving, for example delivery of a large application development or solution implementation project.
- Experience managing application development teams both in-house and outsourced.
- Familiarity with application development methodologies (preferably Agile), technical risk assessment and management, and security by design.
- Some understanding of strategic and emerging technology trends is preferred, particularly blockchain, distributed ledger technologies, and cryptocurrencies.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred.
- Financial services experience is a bonus.
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684, Reg No: R1325976