International award-winning executive recruitment expert Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of a well-funded and fast expanding digital bank in SEA. As the business keeps developing, our client is seeking for Head of Engineering position. The job is based in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
Job Summary: The dedicated Head of Engineering will have an excellent technical skills background and development team management experience. The ideal applicant for this role will have good leadership abilities and a thorough understanding of the SDLC, particularly the Scaled Agile Framework.
- With the help of the CTO, do a technical appraisal and development evaluation.
- Assume command of the development function, with accountability for output and delivery. Team members' HR and team organization are restructured as needed.
- Daily technical issues liaison
- Lead all software development activities with decisive and effective technical leadership.
- Collaborate successfully with various teams and departments by drawing on previous expertise and good communication skills.
- Ensure that technical solutions are aligned with business objectives by leading software development across numerous teams and phases.
- Reduce schedule and technical risk by anticipating and addressing issues early on.
- Participate in the development process by pointing up potential flaws. Lead the creation of solutions using technical judgment, expert advice, and the involvement of other systems development partners as needed.
- At least 10 years of software development experience, with 4+ years of software development management experience, preferably in Information Technology, Software Engineering, or similar subjects.
- Previous experience managing, coordinating, and encouraging employees to complete projects with a wide range of scope and objectives.
- Strong technical abilities, as well as a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Microservices, event-driven architecture, and the saga pattern experience.
- Familiarity with Agile Process and Scrum Methodology.
- Experience with modern technologies such as Containers, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, Hashicorp Stack, gRPC, Kafka, and others.
- Experience with Zero-Trust, Cloud Native Architecture approach.
- Ability to lead by influence rather than direct authority.
- Strong interpersonal abilities.
- Demonstrated time management, decision-making, presentation, and organization skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and teamwork spirit.
- Understand the balance between technical and business decisions.
- CAN-DO spirit.