Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting is recruiting on behalf of a global insurance and financial services conglomerate headquartered in a leading innovative country in Asia region. The company is a significant player in the insurance industry, offering a wide range of insurance products and services such as P&C, life insurance, reinsurance, and other miscellaneous insurance products to individuals, businesses, and organizations worldwide.
This position will be responsible for overseeing and managing the organization's risk management activities. This position involves identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks to safeguard the company's assets, reputation, and financial stability. The incumbent will develop and implement a comprehensive risk management strategy, policies, and procedures, working in close collaboration with various departments to create a culture of risk awareness and mitigation
- To support the CRO in providing ongoing assurance regarding the businesses' operational and financial resilience. It includes ensuring the successful execution of risk management initiatives and regular reporting to the Board of Director Meeting, the Executive Committee, the Risk Management Committee, the Sub Risk Management Committee, and the company International Risk Team on risk matters relating to the operations.
- To promote a positive risk culture and robust risk awareness in company. It will include regularly chairing the Risk Management Committee and the Sub Risk Management Committee to ensure timely consideration of topical issues and appropriate prioritization of risk response activities.
- To support the successful growth of the business by providing an effective risk advisory service to the management team of company. In addition to defining and managing risk strategies and appetites in line with the group-wide risk appetite framework, this will include accessing and leveraging established risk management capabilities to support business plan execution and product suite expansion.
- To execute risk governance activities, including review of any key policy and appetite.
- To develop risk governance and reporting practices to ensure they are consistent with the size and profile of the company, local regulatory expectations, and group standards.
- To develop highly effective operational risk management practices with a focus on establishing an open risk culture with an emphasis on learning and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experienced risk leader with a strong track record in this space.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to operate fluently and effectively within a diverse multinational organization.
- Ability to think critically through issues and focus the attention of the business on the most impactful decisions.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team with a strong desire to leave a lasting impact on the company.
- Fluent in English