Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a reputable healthcare company. Our respected client is seeking a Human Resources Manager with more than 5 years of managerial experience in HR & OD discipline. The job is based in Quezon City, Philippines.
This is an executive job opening reporting to the CEO. The Human Resource Manager is responsible for the management and development of the HR and Admin (Facilities) department. Specifically for HR, the scope of responsibility covers recruitment and selection, policy development and administration, employee compensation and benefits, learning and development and employee relations to assure the highest quality of employees to meet company goals, vision, and mission. For Admin ( Facilities), ensures overall safety, security and maintenance for non-laboratory facility in accordance with corporate requirements and standards. Supervises the local IT Team in collaboration with Group IT.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Oversee the implementation of HR policies and procedures
- In-charge of recruitment from interview to job offer and orientation of new employees. Supervision in administration of benefits, salary structuring, training and employee development, HR policy execution and handling of employee's grievances, performance evaluation and confidential file maintenance.
- Draft policies for the approval of the top management and prepare procedures for implementation; recommends changes if needed and revise policies as appropriate.
- Formulates and implement HR policies and procedures, HR programs administering them fairly and efficiently
- Recommends rewards and incentives for deserving employees, as well as demotions, suspension or termination for erring staff
- Determine staffing requirements for organization management and program delivery
- Develop and update job description for all positions, identifying duties, responsibilities, reporting relationships educational requirements, skills and competency requirements and authorities
- Develop and install the organization's recruitment, selection and staffing procedures.
- Interview, evaluates and recommend applicants for hiring and employees for movement/promotion.
- Recommend and implement the performance management system
- Monitor and install a feedback process for review and improvement of performance of officers and staff
- Conduct one-on-one pep talk to all employees from time to time; coach and mentor team leaders/managers as needed
- Help create an atmosphere conducive to good management-employee relationship and improve employee's welfare and morale.
- Assists in the organization of company-sponsored events, activities, and functions.
- Set up the communication channel between employees and senior management, strengthen employee's relationship, and handle labor disputes.
- Initiate and conduct job orientation/induction and briefing for both regular and new employees
- Regularly review the salary and incentives scheme of the company and recommend strategies for better performance that are cost efficient
- Conducts research and collects data on human resources programs and practices on appropriate benefits and compensation schemes
- Oversee the proper implementation and availment of statutory and company-provided benefits
- Plan and install learning and development program for staff, supervisors and managers
- Initiate learning programs and short leaning sessions for continuous upgrading of skills and competencies of managers/supervisors and staff
- Develop and implement a career management system, specifying employee career paths and employee interventions for future positions
- Provide guidance and leadership to all HR members to ensure effective and efficient flow of work
- Monitor and report on compliance to company guidelines, policies and processes. Recommend plans and programs for people development, learning and growth
- Review and approve staff work schedules including leave requests, under time, overtime, and other work/attendance-related matters
- Conduct annual performance appraisal to review direct subordinate performance
- Dole out discipline to erring HR staff
- Recommend commendations (for exemplary staff performance) and salary adjustments and rewards based on their performance
· Bachelor's Degree, Human Resource Management, Psychology or other business-related course
· Master's degree in Industrial Relations or MBA is an advantage
· More than 5 years of managerial experience in HR & OD discipline
· Exposure in Pharmaceutical (Ethical) or Consumer Healthcare setting is an advantage
· Extensive experience in Learning and Development, and performance management system is preferred
· In-depth knowledge of Labor code
· Strong HR planning and implementation skills
· Extensive knowledge in HR policy administration and management, including employee relations
· Knowledge of Total Quality Management.
· Proficient MS office application and payroll software ie. SAP, Prosoft, PeopleSoft
- Strong attention to details
- Coaching skills
- People handling skills
- Excellent English communication (written and oral)
- Time and stress management skills