City of London
To build and maintain a strong relationship with the Human Resources department in Germany and mutually use facilities for staff vacancies and training.
Responsibility for HR administration and maintenance of its high standard.
- Develop effective on-going relationships at all levels establishing yourself as a credible, respected, and valued manager, responding to queries directly and influencing managers to follow a best practice approach.
- Assist departmental managers on the interpretation of company policies and procedures as well as local agreements.
- Prepare statistical breakdowns including analysis of sickness/absence and holidays.
- Assist in disciplinary / grievance hearings, advising on legislative and company policy and procedures.
- Assist in training and developing managers in people related matters, ensuring processes are followed and legislation is met.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- To ensure expatriate staff affairs are handled properly and liase with Frankfurt regarding procedures and contracts.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resources policies and procedures.
- To maintain and develop the HR Handbook, ensuring it is updated regularly includes legislative changes and that any changes are communicated to staff.
- To counsel managers in all related HR issues and work closely with them, with the support of the Head of HR.
Academic Requirements/Professional Qualifications/Regulatory Registrations:
- Educated to degree level or be minimum CIPD part-qualified
- 2-3 years experience in a Human Resources
- German language skills would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills which enable the jobholder to communicate sympathetically but firmly
- Capable of building trustworthy relationships with managers of all levels as well as with staff and external organisations
- High level of sensitivity and awareness of cultural differences and their impact on people's behaviour
- Capability to mediate situations or meetings
- Ability to build a good working network internally and eternally
- Strong leadership skills