i-Learn project and portfolio manager
Freelance contract till the end of 2023 + extensions after
Leuven, Belgium (remote working 2-3 days per week)
Fluent in Dutch
In this assignment you will be responsible for continuing our operation, maintaining our collaborations with external parties, and supporting the exercise that our Technology Transfer partner will do, towards a new business model.
The i-Learn project ran from the end of 2019 to the end of June 2023 to boost the digital transformation in Flemish primary and secondary schools. The project was extended until the end of December 2023 in preparation for a restart in 2024. Thanks to an investment from the government, the i-Learn consortium of our client and KU Leuven developed an online platform on which more than 50 existing educational tools were made available to schools. In addition, the team developed an online Academy with an extensive support offer for teachers and set up a varied program of guided training sessions given by professional partners in Flanders.
Less than two years after its release, i-Learn is being used in more than 400 schools. New schools continue to sign up. All reasons to continue i-Learn in a new legal construction and in consultation with the many partners and stakeholders. Between July and December 2023, the i-Learn consortium will develop a new business model in collaboration with our Technology Transfer partner, while the i-Learn platform and the Academy will remain operational for participating schools. To achieve this, we are looking for a colleague who monitors the current activities and adjusts them if necessary, and who can facilitate discussions with partners.
- Liaise with the various stakeholders and interested parties in this project and mainly with tool providers, schools and coaching partners.
- Facilitate discussions between our Technology Transfer team and interested stakeholders and partners.
- Ensuring, supported by our Support team, that the portal and the educational applications connected to it continue to run.
- Monitor the cost and capacity of resources on the project
- Update (handover) documentation in case of significant changes.
- Regularly coordinate with the programme manager of the Smart Education programme, and with project managers at our client and KU Leuven.
Required knowledge and skills
- You have an interest for education and experience or a strong interest in educational technology. Experience with the EdTech sector in Flanders is highly recommended.
- You can work independently and get to grips with new processes quickly.
- You have experience with stakeholder management, preferably in a commercial setting with external customers.
- You are flexible and can adapt to changes and new project requirements.
- You are a team player, an optimist who can enthuse people.
- You can communicate fluently in Dutch and adapt your communication style to the stakeholders.
- You are able to prepare notes and reports for important meetings