IC Validation Engineer
Initial 12 month contract + extensions
Key areas of responsibility
* The person will mainly be responsible for the IC (integrated circuit) validation test development and run in collaboration with a V&V Lead. Prior to silicon availability, the person will also setup the validation environment and debug tests on FPGA or in simulation. In more details:
* Install and tune for the dedicated product the IC hardware validation environment and infrastructure primarily in term of test SW development (Python, C/C++).
* Participate to maintenance and update of validation EDA Tools, Hardware (PCB's), and Equipment control.
* Participate to implementation, documentation and execution of test cases, according to the V&V plan with the proper quality, re-usability and maintainability.
* Implement & support automated validation regression suite and integration of validation test cases into it
* Support efficient validation results reporting
* Consult with other V&V-, Design- and Product- engineers.
* Support a structured project approach.
* Propose effort and planning for own developments in close cooperation with the V&V Lead.
* Execute the work according to the engineering process defined in the department and/or within the project.
* Report on the status of own developments.
* The validation teams are located in Leuven(BE) and Eindhoven(NL). The V&V developer will mainly work in Leuven, but might need to be present in Eindhoven on sporadic occasions
Main experience required
* You are a python programming language expert. You have experience in C/C++ programming language,
* You have strong experience in low level/embedded SW development for HW control,
* You have experience with measurement methods and handling measurement equipment to become accurate results,
* You have experience or a strong interest in the verification and validation of System-on-Chips, with the mind set to deliver quality products. You demonstrate understanding of System-on-Chips, especially on interactions between different functions
* Having experience in VHDL/Verilog coding, simulation, synthesis for FPGA is an important asset,
* Knowledge and insights in signal processing systems is an strong asset.
* Having experience working in organizations compliant to ISO9001 and CMMI standards is an asset.
Required personality characteristics
* You are quality-oriented, pro-active and creative, and you work very structured.
* You can work in team as well as independently,
* You have a structured approach to problem solving,