Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a global technology company that focuses on business-to-business and information technology capabilities for enterprises. Our respected client is looking for an experienced leader as an Income Tax & Compliance Manager (US). The job is based in Mandaluyong, Philippines.
The Income Tax & Compliance Manager (US) is responsible for all areas of U.S. corporate income tax compliance for a multistate, multinational enterprise, and play a key role in the tax provision process.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Supervise all areas of corporate income tax compliance, including the preparation of U.S. federal, state, and city corporate income tax returns in a timely and accurate manner using Corptax tax software.
- Be in-charge in the calculation, review and filing of quarterly tax estimates and extension payments
- Manage all aspects of federal and state tax depreciation, including tracking the Company's fixed assets for tax purposes using Sage FAS software and computing the fixed asset deferred tax balance.
- Handle daily corporate tax functions such as addressing notices, handling tax payments and mailings, and communicating with other business associates.
- Assist with the quarterly and annual tax provision calculations, including computation of book-tax differences and deferred tax balances, entry of data into OneSource tax provision software, producing and reconciling of tax provision reports.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local tax laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley Act ("SOX") requirements.
- Partner in income tax audits by gathering supporting documentation in response to information requests from taxing authorities and liaising with auditors.
- Monitor federal and state tax legislation, regulations, and judicial activities.
- Conduct tax research using BNA and/or Intelliconnect and produce technical memorandums.
- Proactively identify ways to improve processes and automate them when possible, including collaborating with other departments to implement and achieve the improvements.
- Introduce and maintain highly repeatable and reliable processes.
- Document business processes and ensure such documentation is current and meets respective audit requirements.
- Build, maintain, develop, and motivate a team of 4-5 income tax analysts.
- Support other special projects and tasks as they arise.
Key job requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accountancy/Finance from four-year college or university. CPA is preferred.
- At least 5 years of related experience and/or training in preparing consolidated corporate income tax returns and performing tax research.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience.
- Public accounting experience or commensurate industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of consolidated corporate income tax law, nexus and interstate commerce rules, and the US GAAP standards for accounting for income taxes (ASC 740).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Have experience in using Corptax, OneSource tax provision software ("TaxStream"), Sage FAS, BNA, Intelliconnect.
- Must be self-motivated, able to effectively manage the productivity and workflow allocation of a team
- Be able to deliver timely manner according to deadline
- Conduct all work and interaction with all levels of employees in a professional manner
- Willing to work on Night-shift as this role will be reporting to the US counterpart.