Infra Storage Engineer
Initial contract till end of 2022 + extensions (long term project)
Remote / Eindhoven, Netherlands (travel once a month onsite to Eindhoven around 3 days)
Working hours: The transitions happen at late hours and sometimes weekends. Flexibility needed to work late and on weekends.
Provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
Department / Project / Team
R&D IT / Cloud Program
Our client's R&D IT's Cloud program is currently in the process of rolling out a scalable, highly available, and resilient cloud solution based on these business needs.
* A recently started new energetic team with the aim to be front-runner in enabling Cloud Services
* A team that is a big ambassador for DevSecOps way of working
* Collaboration opportunities with other IT and business teams
* A self-organizing team with flexibility in working hours and location
* A challenging environment which stimulates you to continuously develop yourself as an individual with coaching, experiments and room for failure
* An inspiring work environment
* A global company with offices around the globe
Job Summary: Cloud Infra Engineer
As a Cloud Infra Engineer you are part of the project team, actively engaged in migrating workloads to the Public Cloud and in parallel ramping down our client's global datacenter footprint in the coming years.
They are looking for a Cloud Infra Engineer who possesses a balance of technical proficiency, business knowledge, with strong communication skills.
The Cloud Infra Engineer will work closely with project team member, operational teams and customers (other IT team and business lines) in order to support migrations from an on-premise storage solution into a Cloud environment.
The project team you're engaged in will focus on the transitions; after that the operational support teams will take over.
* Participate in and support projects regarding changes in our IT infrastructure.
* Design, create and support tooling to support migration from an on-premised storage solution towards Cloud storage.
* Creating and utilizing tools to monitor our applications and services in the cloud including system health indicators, trend identification, and anomaly detection.
* Orchestrating and automating cloud-based tools to support the migration process.
* Working with business line and development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient software running in the cloud.
* Basic LDAP knowledge.
* Proven track record in an alike role.
* Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code: AWS or Azure environment and application automation utilizing CloudFormation and third-party tools.
* Experience with one or more AWS features, tools and technologies such as EC2, EBS, Glacier, S3, ELB, CloudFormation, Lambada, CloudWatch, VPC, RDS, Direct Connect, AWS CLI, REST API .
* Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
* Experience with agile/iterative methodologies required
* A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment.
* Flexible in working schedule, as migrations will be carried out across the globe.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer with following characteristics:
* Technical degree (Computer Science) or equivalent professional experience
* 5+ or more years of designing and implementing distributed architectures/applications
* 3 - 5 years of cloud-based Operations background understanding concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management.
* Experience with Azure Resource Manager and JSON templates, Python, AWS Cloud formation templates
* Experience with one or more AWS features, tools and technologies such as EC2, EBS, Glacier, S3, ELB, CloudFormation, Lambada, CloudWatch, VPC, RDS, Direct Connect, AWS CLI, REST API
* Strong experience with Ansible for Configuration Management;
* Strong experience with scripting (Bash/PowerShell/Python);
* Strong experience with AWS (EC2) - Deployment, automation, management and maintenance of systems.
Back to job search
€55 - €75 per hour
about 1 year ago
6 months +