Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a leading multinational company with a core focus on chemical manufacturing. As expansion continues, our client is seeking a professional with at least 15 years' experience in chemical manufacturing sector for the job of Innovation & Development Manager. The job is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Lead the creation and delivery of new formulations to fulfil the Indonesia Manufacturing Technology & Innovation pipeline and align with commercial expectations. Manage the team and ensure formulations are delivered within agreed deadlines
- Design the formulation with key stake holders (Commercial and Sales Support, Packaging, Industrialisation & Manufacturing, Safety and Regulatory, Quality and Procurement) to ensure smooth transition of robust formulation into the New Product Development (NPD) plan
- To be able to give clear direction to the team regarding prioritising key developments, formulation guidance on products structures
- Responsible for the mentoring, coaching and development of all chemists, specialists and technicians in line with agreed Personal Development Plans
- Work with SEA Senior Manager to implement the 3-year strategy across the Global Innovation and Development team. Accountable for the Indonesia Innovation & Development unit
- Create technical advancements across multiple technologies and prioritising the use of natural and sustainable ingredients to strengthen and evolve the global products portfolio
- Maintain close awareness of scientific literature, raw materials, new technologies, processing methodology, and global marketing trends required to create exciting and relevant product innovative
- Seek out opportunities to translate technology trends into strategic business projects
- Contribute and present scientific literature direct to customers, supporting the commercial team
- Build collaborative partnerships with ingredient suppliers and other external collaborators and act as an industry expert through creation of scientific material
- Project management of multiple formulation developments to meet key milestones in the Innovation stage and gate process and contribute towards the development of the Innovation process / pipeline
- Provide monthly update on the team's performance - highlighting success and commercial wins
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical, Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Biotechnology Science.
- At least 10 years' relevant experience in product development and design in chemical manufacturing industry
- At least 3 years working experience in a management role.
- Working knowledge of FDA, Formulation Design and Critical Parameter Management
- Knowledge of cosmetics formulation/raw materials, laboratory instruments & equipment
- Wide-range and hand-on knowledge of local and international compliances, including European regulations, SFDA and GMPC.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of European, Indonesia (Halal) and USA cosmetic regulations