Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of one of the largest multinational bank in the Philippines. Our respected client is seeking a banking professional for the job of Internal Auditor who is well versed with audit functions in the banking sector and also exposed to risk management, control and governance processes. The job is based in BGC, Taguig City.
The Internal Auditor serves as the Branch's third line of defense.
Mainly responsible for the examination and evaluation of whether the Branch's framework of risk management, control, and governance processes is adequate and functioning properly; of the Branch's compliance with applicable laws and regulations; and the performance effectiveness in achieving the strategic goals of the Branch; and should advise and make recommendations on process improvements to the business units and senior management.
Coordinate with different departments of the branch to execute that internal audit plan reported to the Branch's Senior Management and approved by the Head Office Internal Audit Bureau. Moreover, report and coordinate the internal audit activities performed, including those assigned by the Head Office, to the Branch's Senior Management and Head Office Internal Audit Bureau.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Formulate and revise internal audit charter, manuals, and policies and procedures, etc. according to the latest regulatory requirements, the requirements from Head Office, and the Branch's actual operations.
- Develop an audit plan based on robust risk assessment, including inputs from the General Manager /Senior Manager and Head Office Internal Audit Bureau, and ensure that such plan is comprehensive and adequately covers regulatory matters.
- Supervise and inspect the adequacy and effectiveness of business management, internal control risk management, and corporate governance of the Branch.
- Supervise and inspect the authenticity, completeness, and accuracy of the Branch's financial reports and accounting records; the continuity, reliability, and security of the information systems; and the effectiveness of compliance management of anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, and risk-sensitive business, etc.
- Complete the audit projects required by local regulatory bodies.
- Complete the audit projects designated by the Head Office and providing relevant audit support.
- Urge to promote the rectification work of the audit findings.
- Maintain communication with local regulators on audit matters (thru the Compliance Department), and make timely reports to them when required.
- Provide consulting or advisory services related to risk management, internal controls, business procedures, and operating efficiency, etc. without tainting its independence.
- Make timely reports to the Branch's Executive Committee / General Manager and to the Head Office Internal Audit Bureau on audit information.
- Other works assigned by the Senior Management and Head Office Internal Audit Bureau.
Key job requirements include:
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- At least 5 years of experience in Managerial/ Supervisory rank
- 5-8 years of experience in the regular audit (internal or external) of a universal bank (UB) or commercial bank (KB) as auditor-in-charge, senior auditor, or audit manager.
- Must possess the knowledge, skills, and other competencies to examine all areas in which the institution operates. Professional competence as well as continuing training and education shall be required to face up to the increasing complexity and diversity of the institution's operations.
- Must have an assailable integrity, relevant education/experience/training, and an understanding of the risk exposures of banks, as well as competence to audit all areas of its operations.