Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of an international development finance institution, and they are looking for an experienced Senior IT Specialist well-versed in international service desk management, incident management, people management and other related duties. We are looking for a strategic IT professional who can manage both internal and external stakeholders/clients. This job is on a hybrid work set up and company is based in Mandaluyong City, Philippines.
The IT Specialist (User Services) will be at the forefront of leading and scaling company's IT service desk globally, integrating IT support services across their headquarters and 40+ field offices in Asia and the Pacific. The incumbent will be responsible for a range of services that enable our growing 6000+ user base to be more mobile and productive anytime, anywhere. The incumbent will be joining at an exciting time as company is advancing the maturity and resilience of critical user services - IT service desk, office printing facilities, and provisioning of all end-user computing devices.
The incumbent will utilize his/her leadership skills to develop and evolve a distributed, multi-cultural team. He/She will work closely with IT divisions, IT project managers, business systems owners, and third-party service providers to ensure that the IT Department provides agile, intuitive, user-centric support services. The role requires strong technical, customer service, and IT service management knowledge that will be applied to driving continuous improvement and promoting a modern workplace.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute an IT service desk global strategy, global service delivery model, and roadmap - leveraging outsourcing, managed services and a shift-left approach.
- Mature the capabilities of user services by defining procedures, setting service standards, establishing service level agreements and operational level agreements, defining key performance indicators and dashboards, and formalizing a continuous improvement program.
- Improve overall quality and performance of IT support services delivered to the company's workforce in the field (travelers, staff working outside of duty station, IT users based in the Field Offices, etc).
- Coordinate with ITD teams, Company Facilities Management and other relevant units to synchronize ITD's Field Office activities related to Level 1 IT Support, planning and provisioning for expansion/relocation/closure, Adoption and Change Management (ACM) activities, and end-user training.
- Implement a service transition framework for introducing, modifying, and retiring IT support services resulting from business or technology changes and enhancements. This covers an early life support (ELS) model to transition projects to business-as-usual operations, including criteria to assess and determine the appropriate level of IT support. As part of this, the incumbent will be expected to contribute to project business cases to reflect IT service desk and ELS perspectives.
- Work closely with the ACM team in (i) designing and implementing programs to promote digital fitness and self-service culture of ADB workforce, and (ii) streamlining overlaps between IT service desk and ACM when it comes to delivering user assistance and creating knowledge base content.
- Engage relevant business stakeholders and ITD teams (application development, project management, infrastructure and engineering, etc.) to design intuitive, user-centric products and services. Prioritize changes to pipeline and existing services using IT service desk trends and other research as evidence, where needed.
- Manage the teams responsible for provisioning end-user computing devices (laptops, desktops, mobile phones, tablets, printers and other peripherals, and accessories). Work with ITD and Fixed Assets teams to establish a common inventory for all end-user computing devices. Measure and report on impact of improvements to user experience.
- Establish definitions, terms of reference, and roles and responsibilities for delivering and supporting the Company Annual Meeting and other large events (whether onsite or online) in collaboration with ITD and Events Management teams. Plan and implement necessary changes to ITD service delivery model. Oversee VIP events.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a multi-cultural team of IT professionals and third-party service providers.
- Compile weekly, quarterly, and annual reports on service performance and quality. Regularly present highlights, trends, and key recommendations.
Key job requirements include:
- Master's degree in Information Technology or related fields. Alternatively, a university degree in related fields combined with relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum 8 years' experience working in an IT service delivery/operations environment, with at least 5 years leadership experience.
- Led IT service desk maturity projects.
- Managed a 24x7 IT service desk for an international organization, serving multiple locations and time zones.
- Experience in banking or government sectors preferred.
- Experience managing the delivery of contracted outsourced IT services such as IT service desk, end user computing, field services, network operations, applications, or infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable with ServiceNow IT Service Management modules.
- Experience working with Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, Natural Language Understanding, or chat bots applied in an IT service desk environment preferred.
- Experience supporting internal customers.
- Demonstrated process development and management skills.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and develop multi-cultural, geographically distributed teams of internal employees and third-party service providers.
- Must possess excellent business writing and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must be ITIL-certified or possess other relevant IT service management certification.
- Knowledge in change management best practice preferred.