Job Title: IT Support Assistant
Location: London (hybrid working model)
In preparation for future growth and expansion which will increase the demands made on a busy IT technical and support team, an exciting new opportunity has arisen within a small professional department for an additional hire at graduate entry level. The position would suit a recently IT qualified candidate with no or limited experience who is seeking to forge a professional career in IT.
Training and coaching will be provided. The primary responsibility of this role will initially be to absorb new fast changing technology and develop skills to help meet the Bank's technical support capabilities.
- To assist with first line support for users of the Bank's office systems, business applications and other IT related services.
- To assist to identify problems and guide users through corrective steps/solutions.
- To assist to install, test and maintain IT devices as required.
- To provide assistance via phone, email, teams or in-person.
- To assist to analyse and trouble shoot internet systems, wide area and local area networks.
- To perform routine tasks on networks to ensure proper operations.
- To evaluate and test network systems.
- To assist with the application of OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- To assist with the end of day processing as required.
- To work with engineers/consultants.
- To support the IT line manager with any other duties assigned.
- An Associate degree or equivalent coursework in computer science, engineering or information science.
- Good sector product and operating system knowledge, demonstrated via relevant certifications or acquired during Internships.
- Front facing skills, particularly when handling difficult situations.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand stakeholders' issues, ask appropriate questions and communicate in a
- professional manner.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to upskill quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail - good concentration skills
- Well organised and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Problem solver.
- Team player.
- Excellent presentational and communication skills.