Executive search firm, Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a Philippine-based conglomerate of dynamic and forward-looking corporations engaged in widely diverse businesses. Our reputable client is looking to hire a Japanese Senior Sales Manager. This is an onsite work arrangement with an office based in Makati.
The Senior Sales Manager is primarily responsible for maintaining the profitability of the company by expanding the current client base through effective and up-to-date sales strategies and effectively managing the day-to-day activities of the team.
In addition, he/she strengthens the presence of the company in the Japanese community in the Philippines. As a whole, the Senior Sales Manager ensures that the relationship of the company with its clients is enhanced and protected.
Key responsibilities include :
- Attends to Japanese clients' travel needs and concerns
- Answers inquiries from Japanese clients
- Maintains good relationships with Japanese clients
- Handles inquiries, concerns and complaints on various departmental services, policies and procedures
- Recommends proper plans of action on all incident reports, complaints against and cited lapses of the department for better and improved process flow and quality of services provided
- Ensures that Customer Satisfaction Survey on department performance is administered at least once a year to clients.
- Makes recommendations on how to improve department's CUSAT score.
Sales Revenue Profitability
- Determines selling price of tickets and other service fees
Existing Business Retention
- Maintains Japanese Marine client base
- Expand client base by acquiring new clients
- Visits new and existing Japanese clients (Sales Call)
- Follows up uncollected credit/refund release from Japanese clients
- Translates package rate sheets into Japanese
- Represents the company in various Japan-related events for sales and marketing purposes
- Sends VHL news letter to Japanese clients
- Prepare ads for Japanese reading materials
- Gather business related info for Japanese reading materials
- Prepares / finalizes reports and reviews those submitted by his / her staff prior submission.
- Oversees all administrative related activities of the department.
- Implements all management policies to department team members. Ensures compliance of all department staff to Company policies and procedures.
- Reviews and approves leaves of staff.
- Enforces discipline in the work at all times; applies disciplinary action whenever necessary in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Ensures timely and appropriate setting of objectives with direct reports every beginning of a performance period.
- Ensures that direct reports in leadership roles conduct appropriate and timely setting of objectives with their direct reports, and reviews and approves Individual Performance Objectives endorsed by the same in a timely manner
- Regularly monitors direct reports' performance through conduct of regular and timely coaching sessions appropriate to the need of the individual (to improve performance, correct a bad behaviour or further success).
- Ensures that direct reports in leadership roles fulfil their coaching responsibilities to their direct reports in a timely and appropriate manner
- Evaluates the performance of all direct reports and determines the appropriate rating for the performance appraisal period.
- Ensures that all direct reports in leadership roles conduct timely and appropriate performance appraisals with their direct reports
- Oversees the induction of new team members. Ensures that new members of the team are properly and timely oriented.
- Maintains employee retention in the department.
Internal Operations Management
- Resolves problems and customer issues of the corporate team
- Prioritizes and schedules the activities of the department given changing department and corporate goals and based on available resources
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing work methods and procedures of the department and implements changes to improve efficiency and productivity of the department.
- Regularly assesses manpower requirements of the department vis-àvis work volume and work targets; reassigns, transfers employees within the department to address shifts in manpower requirements with regard to work targets.
- Determines the resources needed by the department to achieve goals, and ensures that the same are communicated to Management for approval.
- Manages the resources of the department prudently, ensuring that these are maximized in achieving the goals of the department
- Participates in the budget planning process and prepares the budget of the department for approval of Management
- Monitors adherence of actual spending of the department to approved budgets.
- Reviews, administers, controls and monitors budgets for approved contracts, equipment, assets, facilities and supplies.
- Provides approval and signature for all departmental requests for payments, expenses, budgets.
- Reviews and recommends for approval of Management all major contracts to be entered into by the Department.
- Implements all approved contracts within the bounds of agreement
- Ensures that only qualified vendors/ suppliers will be able to partner with the company.
- Ensure that Vendors / Suppliers are assessed on a regular basis to ensure maintained quality.
- Participates in the annual Business Planning process and prepares Departmental Balanced Score Card (BSC) in a timely manner
- Facilitates the Business Planning process in the department.
- Completes the Competency Assessment of all Direct Reports and ensures that all department members are undergoing regular competency assessment
- Monitors employee growth and development on the job and maps out possible career path for the staff.
- Ensures that each direct report has an Individual Development Plan (IDP), and reviews and approves the IDPs for the rest of the team members.
- Implements IDPs of the direct reports.
- Monitors if IDPs of the rest of team members are being implemented appropriately and timely by direct reports in leadership roles, if applicable
- Mentors, guides and coaches all staff in leadership positions on proper handling of staff regarding employee discipline, counseling, giving feedback, performance management.
Staffing Placement and Selection
- Reviews and updates all Job Profiles of all positions in the department to ensure standardization and effectiveness in Recruitment, Placement and Development.
- Identifies qualifications of manpower needed in the department and recommends hiring of candidates based on set qualifications.
- Interviews candidates for vacant positions (hiring, promotion, rotation, reassignment), and makes recommendations.
- Attends Management Committee Meetings
- Cascades important information discussed during the Management Committee Meetings to all department members
- Ensures that relevant databases are properly maintained
- Attends Management Review sessions.
- Reviews recommendations for improvements of systems, processes and procedures within his/ her scope of authority and endorses to Management for approval.
- Conducts research on emerging local and global trends and practices in current area of work and makes recommendations based on research results in order to continuously improve practices, processes and procedures.
Key requirements include
- Japanese and English language
- Has experience in doing sales calls, marketing of various products and services
- Has expereince doing sales presentation, attedning to client concerns and requests
- Handling department and managing peorple
- Coaching and managing performance of the team