Junior Secretary - Property (12 Month FTC)
Property Construction Partners
37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday), 9.00am - 5.30pm. Additional hours may be occasionally required
To provide secretarial and administrative support to property fee earners.
· Production of documents and correspondence in line with the firm's style guide.
· Open files for new clients, create credit report, terms of business and client engagement letter.
· Management and preparation of new client take on procedures.
· Ensure both electronic and paper based filing up to date for the Property fee earners. To file documents and correspondence in date order; maintaining files in good order.
· Assist with the post completion work for Property.
· Archiving of files.
· General administration support as required by fee earners such as expense claims and cheque requisitions.
· Assist clients on the phone (where applicable) and take messages and pass to relevant fee earner(s) when absent or busy.
· Oversee the incoming dictations and engross finalised letters for signature once signed, scan to worksite.
· Prepare billing guides from list of file matters and prepare bill from completed guides.
· Keep track of payments and remind fee earners of overdue fees.
· Request searches and liaise with providers.
· Obtain planning documentation from Council.
· Uploading and filing Land Registry applications.
· Manage and maintain the fee earners' diaries. Make appointments, book meeting rooms and general diary management.
· Work as part of the team and assist other secretaries during busy times and to provide cover for absent colleagues.
· Assist with business development and marketing initiatives where required.
· To complete forms, photocopying, collate papers and bind documents as required.
· Ad hoc typing duties and any general administrative support as required.
· Preparing Bundles
Skills, experience and attributes
· Experience in property department is essential.
· Experience of contentious /non-contentious essential
· Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm
· Advanced Microsoft Word.
· Experience with document management systems and billing packages.
· Excellent client service standards.
· Ability to prioritise
· Ability to problem solve and use initiative
· Bighand Dictation
· I-manage - Filesite
· Microsoft Office 2010
· Aderant Legal Software