Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a leading multinational company with a core focus on mining. As expansion continues, our client is seeking a professional with at least 10 years' experience in Lab Quality Specialist for the job of Lab Quality Specialist. The job is based in North Sulawesi, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Direct reporting to the Geology Manager
- Support the development, implementation, management, and maintenance of laboratory QMS and LIMS to minimize errors, maximize the reliability, accuracy and precision of analytical results and provide a full audit trail
- Support the development and maintenance of documentation in the form of Standard Operating Procedures underlying ISO17025 standards
- To develop and implement a Corrective and Preventative Action system (CAPA) system for the laboratory
- To investigate, recommend and implement corrective and preventative actions when the QMS identifies a loss of performance of the laboratory equipment, systems, or methods
- Implement the regular and systematic use of reference materials, splits, replicates, and blanks for all analytical batches
- Review and validate quality data using various statistical processes and control limits
- Perform internal and external round robin and proficiency testing
- Provide monthly reports to laboratory management and WBN to present performance against quality KPIs (instrument calibrations, control charts, splits, replicates, and sizing)
- Provide specialized training in quality management for laboratory staff
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or related discipline
- 10-15 years of experience in analytical mineral chemistry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in laboratory quality management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sample preparation, fused bead and XRF analysis.
- Certification in Method Validation and QA/QC in Chemical Testing ISO17025
- Experience in developing and maintaining laboratory QMS and underlying Quality Control systems in accordance with ISO17025.
- Experience working with nickel laterite samples an advantage
- Experience working within multi-cultural teams an advantage
- English proficiency (written and oral)
- Mandarin Chinese skills a decided advantage