Initial 1 year contract + permanent position offered afterwards
We need you as a Laboratory Technician to be part of our interdisciplinary team to contribute to the technology that will define tomorrow's society. In this dynamic role, you will be working in a start-up environment where lab research on a wide range of new sensor technologies is taking place. You will be responsible for the organization and coordination of laboratory operations as well as assisting (senior) researchers and students in their activities and experiments.
Tasks will include:
- Coordinate and manage activities in our existing laboratory, and support setting up new laboratories;
- Keep the activities of the lab functional and supervise the correct performance and maintenance of equipment and laboratory infrastructure;
- Drive the implementation of good practices in relation to Health, Safety and Environment;
- Take care of day-to-day operations including the re-stocking of reagents and gas canisters, instrument calibration, ordering of consumables and equipment, etc.;
- Conduct experiments yourself (e.g., sensor characterization, lab set-up, etc.);
- Provide laboratory induction training to new employees and students.
Who you are:
- You hold an HBO (bachelor) degree in a relevant field (e.g., chemical engineering, physics, or biochemistry);
- About 3 to 5 years' experience in a (multi-disciplinary) lab environment;
- Laboratory management/coordination experience is considered a plus;
- Good understanding and experience with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP);
- Hands-on attitude; which means taking initiatives, having a flexible approach, and solving problems on a daily basis;
- You are a quick learner and interested in acquiring new competences;
- Excellent communication skills in English is a must and a good level of Dutch is highly appreciated;
- Good organizational skills, accurate, eager and open attitude are attributes that define yourself;
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow and you can deal with ambiguity;
- You are highly motivated to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.