Lead Solution Architect
The Role Responsibilities
This role will serve as the Solution Architect for Digital Foundation, Legal, Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance Domains. The Solution Architect will be part of the wider Functions Architecture Team and work closely with the various Domain Technology Teams to drive architecture strategy, roadmap, governance and provide architecture guidance. The role is expected to bring together business understanding and technology thought leadership to drive solution and design excellence in the respective domains.
- Responsible for Solution Architecture for Legal, CFCC (Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance) and Digital Foundation Technology Domains
- Work with other Solution Architects across Functions Architecture and Group Architecture to ensure that Group and Functions Architecture Strategies are executed within the area of responsibility.
- Work with Application Architects and Project Team to ensure that solutions are aligned to wider Functions/Group Architecture Strategy, Policy and Standards.
- Work with Application Architects, Project Team and Vendors to ensure that Patterns and Best Practices are being considered and applied appropriately.
- Work with Application Architects, Project Team and Vendors to understand and review Vendor product architecture and capabilities.
- Collaborate with Business and Technology stakeholders (such as Technology Domain Heads and Global Heads, Domain Architect and Chief Architect) to drive alignment between Business, Architecture and Technology Strategies.
- Improve cost efficiency - drive efficiency by identifying opportunities to rationalise to a fewer best of breed platforms which provides strategic business capability and aggressively decommission redundant applications.
- Contribute to investment planning/prioritisation with the businesses and T&I.
- Driving and enable cloud adoption and modernisation of technology landscape across respective domains whilst balancing regulatory requirements like data sovereignty and cloud approvals and data security.
- Review and ensure projects are implemented in line with approved architecture/target architecture.
- Work with Application Architects and Project teams on Evaluations and Proof of Concepts for new technologies and other strategic technology initiatives
- Contributes to development of architecture strategy and standards for the organization
- Responsible for creating, maintaining or reviewing Domain/Sub-Domain level architecture documentation in the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for Reviewing Application / Project level architecture documentation from Application Architect/Project Team.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with architecture processes and any related deliverables or artifacts at the Domain/Sub-domain level are completed/met
People & Talent
- The role will report to Head Architect/Domain Architect for FCSO, Risk, CFCC and DFT.
- Collaborate closely with Application Architect and Project team to provide guidance and drive architecture direction.
- Proactive in seeking regular assurance that function is performing to an acceptable risk and control standards.
- Include internal controls, legal and regulatory requirements in the processes supporting the function
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and, if necessary, escalated through the relevant committees.
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, remaining within risk appetite.
- Work in collaboration with risk and control teams.
- Be a part of domain architecture governance forums to actively be aware of and govern emerging data architecture decisions, in alignment with Functions and wider Enterprise architecture
- Accountable for governance of all architecture decisions and architecture directions across relevant domains as part of Architecture Review Forums and Technology Councils.
- Ensure compliance with all salient data governance frameworks where there are direct touchpoints with them or any subsequent downstream influence for Group Functions.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, anti-money laundering, Open Banking, and Data Protection regulations and guidelines
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Functions TTO team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Head, L&CFCC (Legal, Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance) Technology
- Global Head, DFT (Digital Foundations Technology)
- Domain Heads for L&CFCC and DFT
- Application Architects and Development Managers/Leads and Project Teams in L&CFCC and DFT
- Group Function and Bank wide Architecture Teams
- Embrace and practise brand promise of Here for Good and corporate values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Responsible for building a culture of good conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent with 12+ years or more of years of total experience.
- Strong Technical and Architecture Foundation
- Demonstrate ability to drive architecture direction and vision
- Demonstrate Architecture thought leadership
- Good communicator with ability to bridge/align Technology with Business understanding.
- Good Domain knowledge or demonstrate ability to pick up domain knowledge (demonstrate deep strategic insights in other domains candidate have experience in)
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Architecture and Design
- Architecture Governance and Processes
- Domain Knowledge:
- Compliance, Financial Crime Compliance
- Programming languages (Java/Python/SQL etc)
- Web Technologies (ReactJS, Springboot etc)
- APIs, Integration and Middleware Technologies
- Container Technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Data and Big Data Technologies
- Analytics and AI/ML
- Technology Trends and Industry Knowledge
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684