Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Professional Division is partnered with an established law firm based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Our distinguished client is currently seeking to hire for a Junior Lawyer who will be responsible in assisting the partners of the firm in all litigation related matters. This position is a strategic learning role, being mentored by various leaders within the litigation realm.
- To assist the partners in all litigation matters, including all administrative matters such as e-filing and management of all aspects of the file.
- To work together with the administrative staff and outsourced service providers.
- To attend to research of various legal topics for the purposes of the file, resources will be provided to attend such research.
- To attend to all legal drafting of cause papers and letters in respect of the file;
- Attend meetings with clients, as and when required by the partners or the requirement of the respective clients;
- Work together with the other legal assistants in resolving an issue faced when needed;
- Attend court when required, either virtually or physically; and
- Ensure that each file handled shall be managed efficiently, neatly and in a proper manner.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Educational requirement: completed law degree (Juris Doctor or equivalent).
- Work experience: At least 2 years of experience within the litigation line, from commercial/law firms.
- Bar Admission (this is a preference): This involves passing the bar exam and meeting other admission requirements.
- Research Skills: Junior lawyers must be adept at legal research to analyse statutes, regulations, and case law.
- Writing Skills: Strong written communication skills are essential, as this role requires you to draft legal documents such as contracts, pleadings, and memos.
- Analytical Skills: Analyse complex legal issues, identify relevant facts, and apply legal principles to provide sound advice to clients or to support litigation efforts.
- Attention to Detail: Be meticulous in reviewing documents, contracts, and legal briefs to ensure accuracy.
- Time Management: Effective time management skills to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Communication Skills: To articulate legal arguments, negotiate with opposing parties, and communicate clearly with clients.
- Teamwork: Able to work well in a team, taking guidance from more experienced attorneys and contributing effectively to the overall goals of the firm.
- Client Interaction: Strong interpersonal skills are essential for building and maintaining client relationships.
- Adaptability: Adaptable and stay updated on legal developments to provide informed and effective legal advice.
- Professionalism: Demonstrating professionalism in dealings with clients, colleagues, and the court is fundamental. This includes maintaining a high level of integrity, reliability, and accountability