International award-winning executive recruitment expert Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of a multinational consumer financial company.
Our highly respected client is seeking a Legal Counsel with at least 8 years' experience in Commercial Legal/Corporate Legal. The job is based in Ho Chi Minh City.
The Legal Counsel will be a key contact and supporter of the CEO about legal affairs: policies, products/operations which are accordance with the current law. Most importantly, the Legal Counsel will help the organization avoid of risks, dispute in action, and improve the image, reputation instead.
- Identify legal issues, provide legal advice and opinion on matters relating to daily business operation of the Company to functional departments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assess the impact of new/amended regulations on the business and present to the managements appropriate steps that may be taken in countering the impact and/meeting legal requirements.
- Review internal regulations/policies/procedures prepared by functional departments
- Draft templates of contract/agreement and/or review contracts/agreements prepared by related functional departments; participate in negotiation of transactions/contracts if and when applicable.
- Review of products/services to ensure all are in compliance with the current laws and to internal policies of the Company.
- Update new legal information, including make requests to related department heads to set up, revise and implement internal policies for consistency with new laws and regulations and/or meeting any change in the legal requirements promptly.
- Bachelor's degree/ Master's degree in Law
- From 8-10 years working experience in legal field, preferred in-house legal roles
- Experienced in Financial Services, Banking, Insurance companies with nationwide business operations
- Good at MS Office
- Proficiency in English both verbal & written
- Having good relationships with external lawyers or legal consulting firms would be the big advantageous.