Monroe Consulting Group on behalf of our client, currently hiring for Legal Director position with a description as per below:
As the Legal Director for our esteemed Property and Investment Group, you will play a pivotal role in providing strategic legal counsel and leadership. You will oversee all legal matters, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations, mitigating risks, and supporting the organization's growth initiatives. This position requires a seasoned legal professional with expertise in real estate, property development, and investment law.
Legal Strategy and Leadership:
- Develop and implement legal strategies to support the organization's overall business objectives.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the legal team, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Oversee and manage all legal aspects of property transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, and development.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts, agreements, and other legal documents related to property and investment activities.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Stay abreast of changes in laws and regulations affecting the property and investment industry, ensuring the organization's compliance.
- Identify legal and regulatory risks and develop proactive strategies to mitigate such risks.
- Manage corporate governance matters, including board meetings, regulatory filings, and compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Advise on best practices and ensure adherence to corporate governance principles.
- Oversee dispute resolution processes, including litigation and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Collaborate with external legal counsel when necessary and represent the organization's interests in legal proceedings.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including finance, operations, and executive leadership, to provide legal guidance and support.
- Communicate complex legal issues in a clear and concise manner to non-legal stakeholders.
- Bachelor or Master degree from an accredited law school.
- Active license to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in real estate, property development, and investment law.
- Proven experience in a leadership or managerial role within a legal department.
- Strong knowledge of property law, contracts, and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.