Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a leading multinational company with a core focus on oleochemicals. As expansion continues, our client is seeking a professional with at least 10 years' experience in corporate legal in multinational company for the job of Legal Manager. The job is based in Medan, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Direct report to the Regional Finance Director
- Board Resolutions Coordination: Your role involves meticulously reviewing and coordinating board resolutions, ensuring their accuracy, legal compliance, and alignment with the organization's objectives. Your expertise will facilitate informed decision-making at the executive level.
- General Meetings Oversight: Your expertise will extend to the management of general meetings, including annual general meetings and extraordinary meetings for our Indonesia entity. Your legal insights will facilitate seamless proceedings.
- Corporate Governance Compliance: You will be at the forefront of ensuring compliance with corporate governance regulations and practices. Your proactive approach will contribute to maintaining a high standard of corporate ethics and accountability.
- Corporate Secretarial Support: You will act as an intermediary between secretariat services providers and company requirements to prepare board resolutions and general assembly minutes, execution of the same and performing compliance with ASEAN laws i.e. Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines and Indonesia. Your expertise will extend to managing important documentation and facilitating transparent communication between the organization and regulatory authorities. You will maintain accurate and up-to-date records of corporate governance activities, resolutions, and meetings.
- Regulatory Adherence: You will stay abreast of evolving legal and regulatory requirements, adapting corporate practices to ensure adherence and minimize legal risks. You will conduct analysis of new domestic legislation and implementation of local compliance procedures. You will also conduct analysis of the probable outcomes of legal issues, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Stakeholder Engagement: You will monitor and cooperate with outside legal counsels and law offices, understanding the legal requirements and maintaining the healthy communication and documentation flow. Shareholder Communication: Your role will include fostering positive relationships with shareholders represented by HQ legal team and ensuring their rights and interests are respected, contributing to a harmonious and transparent corporate environment.
- Reporting: You will correspond with headquarters to establish the minimum legal standards and prepare monthly reports to HQ Legal.
- Ad Hoc Responsibilities: You will readily adapt to dynamic circumstances, embracing additional duties that contribute to the organization's legal and corporate objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree/Professional Degree in law degree
- A minimum of 10 years experience in corporate legal roles, preferably within the oleochemicals industries, with demonstrated expertise in corporate law and contract law.
- Comprehensive understanding of board resolution processes, corporate meetings management, and regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of relevant corporate governance laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Meticulous attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in legal documentation and compliance requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to navigate complex governance scenarios effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities, enabling clear interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential, while additional language skills are advantageous.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks while adhering to tight deadlines.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality in handling sensitive corporate information.
- Collaborative mindset, fostering teamwork across departments and with external partners.
- Familiarity with document management systems and office software, enhancing your efficiency in tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing governance requirements and organizational needs.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain orderly and accurate records of governance activities.
- Passion for maintaining the highest standards of corporate governance, contributing to the organization's reputation and success.