Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a prestigious business school and research institution. Our highly respected client is seeking a Library Manager who is well-versed in overseeing the Knowledge Resource Center (KRC). The job is based in Makati City, Philippines.
The Learning and Development Manager oversees the Knowledge Resource Center (KRC) and is primarily responsible for the management and direction of the library operations such as the effective delivery of library services, records management, and archival services for the Institute.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Manages library operations, provides leadership, direction and coaching to KRC Personnel and evaluates library issues to determine and implement solutions.
- Develops and implements plans and strategies for the library and ensures that the library operations are in compliance to CHED policies and international standards
- Transforms the library into a center integrating all of AIM's diverse information resources. Creates a system for the access and safekeeping of intellectual outputs of the Institute as part of an effective library, records, and archives management. Ensures the preservation of Institutional records in various formats.
- Collaborates with schools, departments, and unit heads in the improvement of services and facilities, enhancement of the quality of resources, increase in the operational efficiency of the KRC, and maintenance of relevant and high-quality collections.
- Selects and acquires materials to further improve and satisfy the learning and teaching needs of the AIM Community. Manages and oversees collection development of materials and approves additions and deletions to collection.
- Oversees and maintains hardware, software, and website related to library network operations. Conducts analysis and determines programming changes as needed.
- Builds and cultivates strategic networks and external relations with public and private sectors that support the Knowledge Resource Center. Builds and maintain relations with research publication offices through partnerships, linkages, and consortia.
- Creates and implements resource development and budget plans. Manages resources and reports on effective implementation.
Key job requirements include:
- Professional Qualification: Registered Librarian (R.A. 9246)
- Education: Master's Degree in Library and Information Science (LIS) or other allied fields; and with doctoral units in LIS or other allied field.
- Minimum Experience: 7 years of relevant experience in academic library administration
- Business Understanding: Knowledge of academic library, records center, and archives functions, standards, and administration; Leadership and supervision of library staff. Worked with automated library systems.
- Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of CHED Policies and Regulations, Academic Librarianship, Archives and Records Management, Local and international library/records, management/archives standards, Scholarly writing and research, Copyright and Intellectual property rights, Digitization
- Behavioral Skills: Leadership and mentoring skills, High quality relationship skills, Influencing Facilitation and presentation skills, Conflict Resolution, Open to change and innovation