Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Industrial Division is partnered with an MNC focuses on production of oleochemicals for various application such as industrial, food ingredients, personal care, biofuel, and agriculture. Our respected client is currently transforming their organization towards Sustainability and is seeking for a Life Cycle Assessment Specialist to assist them in this journey. The winning candidate will be reporting directly to the Head of Sustainability and will be based in Selangor, Malaysia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Conduct Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) and the quantification of the environmental impact of products or processes.
- Collaborate, advise, and be involved with manufacturing teams, technology experts and suppliers through data collection required for LCA modelling.
- Develop LCA models using relevant software or tools.
- Analyse processes and validate calculations that contribute to Product Carbon Footprint (PCF).
- Prepare clear and compelling reports, presentations of analysis, and recommendations for environmental impact reduction.
- Continuous self-development and proactively expand knowledge of various LCA and carbon footprint calculation standards.
Key job requirements include:
- Degree or MSc in Environment Science, Environmental Engineering or Materials Science, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar field.
- Experience in sustainability and LCA software with in-depth knowledge of database management.
- Familiar with LCA standards, PCF, GHG Protocol & other relevant guidelines (e.g., ISO 14040/44).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the quantification of environmental impacts, EPDs and a sophisticated understanding of environmental science.
- Passionate about the domain of sustainability and evaluating products and processes to understand the environmental and social impact.
- Ability to manage complex unstructured data and systems.
- Fluent in English, good communicator and possess problem-solving skills.