Our client, a Middle-Eastern London Bank is seeking to hire a Corporate Banking Manager to support the head of Corporate Banking Banking, Head of Financial Institutions and Trade Finance to develop and manage on a day to day basis both potential new customer targets and existing customers to meet assigned financial and non-financial targets, in compliance with the Bank's policies and procedures, regulations and prevailing best practices.
Purpose of role:
- Have the ability individually to originate loan and guarantee transactions for Corporate Banking.
- Prepare credit applications and reviews for new/prospective customers and existing customer facilities (annual reviews) that adequately address relevant risk factors in the industry, market and business.
- Deal with and resolve customer problems and requirements, in coordination with appropriate in house and external support functions, to ensure timely, friendly and accurate delivery of the Bank's products and services.
- Support the Head of Corporate Banking and the Head of Financial Institutions and Trade Finance in negotiating and documenting facilities for clients.
- Assisting with the management of watchlist and impaired credits.
- Supervise and provide mentoring to junior member of the team.
- Be prepared to get involved in numerous middle office functions of the team and ongoing multi-disciplinary projects.
Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions Responsibilities:
As a client facing department, Corporate Banking contains the first line of defence to prevent the Bank being used to facilitate money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions breaking (collectively known as "Financial Crime"). There is a responsibility:
- Adhering to The Bank's Financial Crime Policies & Procedures;
- Responsibility for conducting KYC in accordance with the Bank's customer due diligence procedures;
- Escalate high risk clients to the MLRO/Deputy MLRO and CEO for further review;
- Ensure periodic reviews are being conducted in accordance with the risk classification of the client;
- Address any material changes to the clients' circumstances;
- Ensure that all customer on - boarding and periodic reviews are completed within agreed timeframes;
- To notify the MLRO or Deputy MLRO for any potential suspicious activity;
- Complete financial crime training on a timely basis assigned by the Financial Crime Department;
- Assist and help the AML Middle Office with any transaction monitoring queries;
- Deal with any Financial Crime/Compliance related queries/tasks in an appropriate and timely manner.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Proactively support the Head of Corporate Banking and the Head of Financial Institutions and Trade Finance to develop and manage on a day to day basis both potential new customer targets and existing customers to meet assigned financial and non-financial targets, in compliance with Bank's policies and procedures, regulations and prevailing best practices.
- Timely, accurate and rigorous written analysis of Corporate, Financial Institutions and Trade Finance applications in support of new transactions and annual reviews
- Manage the administrative aspects, documentation and regulatory/accounting issues pertaining to the sourcing, execution and ongoing monitoring of relationships and transactions, including managing the related requirements of the credit approval process and KYC.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Good university degree (minimum UK 2:1 or equivalent).
- Masters, Professional accountancy certification, MRICS or CFA qualifications are preferred.
Minimum 7-8 years credit analysis experience, primarily with with various European counterparties and industry sectors, encompassing good knowledge of UK corporate credit,trade finance and (some) banks/financial institutions experience.
Seasoned credit analyst with strong experience in range of industry sectors
- Ability to adapt to working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to work independently are required.
- Highly efficient, team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy and eye for market research and following industry trends pertaining to bank's portfolio.
- High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small team.
- Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and to withstand occasionally high pressure demands. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours when necessary to support the team.
- Accuracy and high level of numeracy in relation to financial analysis. Highly skilled at spreadsheets; ideally with some financial modelling experience.
- Good team player.
- Quality and customer-focused
- High level of credit skills and experience in ideally both the corporate and banks/FI areas. Some experience of analysing structured or more complex transactions.
- Advanced financial analysis skills.
- Highly numerate candidate.
- Skilled in financial modelling.
- Good working knowledge of banking and securities market products.
- Ability to examine and evaluate cross border risk.
- Good awareness of market developments (including financial markets, industry sectors, macro political and economic issues.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A highly motivated starter (with drive to develop business) and keen team player.