Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a global MNC in designing and producing customized industrial packaging solutions for advanced technology segments industries, known for their sustainable packaging solutions and commitment to reducing their environmental impact through innovative and sustainable packaging materials and design.
Our respected client is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Process Engineer as they are strengthening their team in Penang to drive improvement in process design, operations, and implementation. The candidate will be assisting and supporting Site manager for continuous improvement activities. An ideal candidate is someone who is technical and has specialty in process control, has excellent communication and convincing skills and who takes strong initiative in implementing best practices. This position requires a hands-on individual with a positive and energetic attitude. The job is based in Penang.
- Identify manufacturing needs for new products in development.
- Design new systems and processes and provide facilities & methods to ensure the cost-effective integration of new products or for the improvement of existing ones into manufacturing operations.
- Ensure all product and system requirements are considered from the initial product conception to the finished result.
- Design shop floor layout, work cell, fixtures, and tooling for assembly tasks, by process automation or robotics; To improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Generating production documentation such as assembly instructions.
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions.
- Ensure product and process quality meets specifications required.
- Oversee installation of machinery and equipment.
- Organize plant start-up and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time.
- Plan and organize maintenance and respond to breakdowns, Report down time and possible trends.
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities.
- Poka Yoke (error proofing) where possible to prevent error.
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support and training.
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings.
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends.
- Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
Additional duties and accountabilities:
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested within the tight deadline.
- A conscientious and self-starter who is able to plan, organize, and take initiative.
- A good team player.
- Leading project with small teams.
- Possess strong problem solving, analytical, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge in mechanical and electrical is an added advantage.
- Degree in packaging engineering, mechanical and/or electrical engineering, process, manufacturing engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Manufacturing or Operations Process with significant work experience in high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge and familiarity with ISO9001 and ISO14001. Knowledge in OSHAS, JKKP, and local legal requirements
- Experienced with several systems, expert in at least one area and working knowledge of a number of other areas of specialization.
- Understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work.
- Bi-Lingual Capabilities Desirables (English/others).