Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a global leader within the chemical industry. The client is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
This position will be supporting the engineering design to provide mechanical design expertise for new capital projects
and plant support projects. The ideal candidate will have good hand-on experience to design using Plant 3D/3D/2D Drawings/Piping Design) and has expertise in brownfield projects/liaising with suppliers/customers.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Visit at the customer's plant to discuss the project needs and gather necessary information
- Take measurements for the actual site, sketch plant layout if necessary
- Layout planning and generating 3D drawing
- Solution design with the collected information and prepares a customized solution for the client
- Develop & specify required equipment and technical specification
- Develop plant layouts under the direction of the Engineering Project Manager
- Develop and maintain design standards working with each region to assure consistency in process, construction, equipment, design and installation
- Support the project management team to ensure project completion within approved budgets using established project management guidelines and systems
- Utilize Engineering Base to develop Process flow diagrams, P&IDs, piping design and equipment general arrangement drawings as required
- Provide piping design along with calculations and drawings
- Prepare 3D models modules for various processes plants mainly focusing on on site business bidding projects
- Preparation of Piping General arrangement drawings, piping isometrics & piping BOQ
- Provide engineering support, construction support and project management support for Capital projects and plant support as necessary
- Supervise and/or provide process support that is consistent with plant requirements and/or specific equipment needs
- Provide technical support to plants globally
- Develop designs that are safe and environmentally compliant meeting all local and national standards.
Key job requirements include:
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of experience preferably as a project and/or design engineer
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask in high pressured environment.
- Strong skills in AutoCAD Inventor, Plant 3D,Engineering Base, AutoPIPE/Equivalent piping design software Microsoft Project, Word and Excel are required.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of mineral processing including: quarrying, crushing, grinding, classification, conveying, packaging, storage and shipping.
- Knowledge for Pneumatic conveying system, powder handling, ducting design
- Good numeracy / literacy skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.