Covid-19 vaccination required!
Assist physicians at assigned long term care facilities with audiology, optometry, podiatry care, and behavioral health. Main duties include maintaining clinical records and charts through electronic medical records, care and cleaning of medical equipment, and supporting provider.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist doctor in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Completes chart prep on scheduled patients prior to every visit.
- Verifies and maintains current and accurate clinical records, charts and medical history through electronic medical records during patient visits.
- Assures integrity of all documentation.
- Maintains current and accurate clinical records and charts through electronic medical records.
- Completes end of visit reports on the day of visit and shares with management.
- Provides daily feedback and works in conjunction with branch office to optimize schedule and reporting.
- Works with staff to coordinate and maintain patient flow during facility visit (may remove socks/shoes, may push wheelchair).
- Balance and generate daily production reports and provide to manager on day of visit.
- Accurately posts charges to the appropriate provider in a timely fashion.
- Works in a medical office capacity provided by the facility.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment at the end of every visit.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory by auditing stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Manage resources by preparing supplies with minimum waste or need for duplication.
- Ensure all medical equipment is working properly by completing preventive maintenance requirements and following manufacturer's instructions.
- Responsible for clean-up of service area used facility upon departure of visit.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
- Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty, and staff.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel up to 100% of the time to and from assigned medical facilities.
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA, OSHA and PHI guidelines at all times.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School education or GED.
- Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record and car insurance.
- Must have completed and passed a two-step Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Test.
- Good computer skills and medical terminology experience required.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to follow directions and listen to needs of patients and doctors.
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing, walking, pushing and stooping on a periodic basis. Lifting requirements vary depending upon specialty division hired for (Audiology and Vision: less than 50 pounds, Podiatry: minimal lifting). Must be able to push patients in wheelchair. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.