We are looking for Medical Assistants to join our team!
Shift: M-F 830am-5pm
This position involves traveling to long-term care facilities and assisting patients and physicians with pre-testing patients for Optometry, Auditory, Podiatry care and prescription delivery. The person in this role will also maintain clinical records and charts through electronic medical records, care/clean medical equipment and demonstrate competent computer skills. Must be willing to travel within a 2-hour radius from home. Mileage reimbursement + paid travel time offered.
Essential Job Functions:·
- Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Responsible for pretesting duties plus prescription delivery.
- Maintains current and accurate clinical records and charts through electronic medical records.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
- Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty and staff.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel up to 100% of the time.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with staff and residents in long-term care facilities for Company provided services to residents to improve their overall health and quality of life.
- Verifies facility schedules and residents orders in advance and all materials needed for site visits to assure everything is ready and prepared for the visits.
- Prepares exam area for receiving patients such as, cleaning and sanitizing area, equipment preparation and set-up transporting patients to and from exam and patient areas by following Company policies.
- Performs various administrative duties such as organizing and planning the next weeks visits.
- Entering and maintaining patient medical records containing history, exams and visit records into the EMR medical record system, keeping track of residents? prescriptions and orders, repairs/adjustments, etc. and uploading necessary patient documents such as disclosures, waivers, etc.
- Keeping supply inventory stocked and request needed items when supply gets low.
- Checking schedules to ensure team has what is needed for each resident on the schedule prior to the visit.
- Cleans and breaks down the exam area after visit is complete, including cleaning and disinfecting medical equipment or instruments.
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- Certified Optician
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Patient care experience preferred.
- Must have own reliable transportation and good driving record.
- Must have strong computer skills and medical terminology experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to follow directions and listen to the needs of patients and doctors.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service.·
- Critical thinking/Solution-based skills required for a time sensitive environment.
- Must have integrity, honesty and be ethical.
- Must be compassionate and sensitive to other?s needs and feelings.
- Must be able to work independently as well as being a team member.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills with co-workers, clients and the public in general.· Must have initiative to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires standing, walking, pushing and stooping on a periodic basis.
- Frequent lifting requirements vary depending upon specialty division hired for: (Ophthalmology and Vision: less than 50 pounds. Podiatry: minimal lifting. Dental: 50 pounds or more.)
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.