Shift: M-F 830am-5:00PM
Purpose: This position involves traveling to long-term care facilities and assisting patients and physicians with pre-testing patients for Optometry, Auditory, Podiatry care and prescription delivery.
The person in this role will also maintain clinical records and charts through electronic medical records, care/clean medical equipment and demonstrate competent computer skills.
Must be willing to travel within a 2-hour radius from home. Mileage reimbursement + paid travel time offered.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
· Responsible for pretesting duties plus prescription delivery.
· Maintains current and accurate clinical records and charts through electronic medical records.
· Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
· Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
· Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
· Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty and staff.· Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
· Requires travel up to 100% of the time.
· Establishes and maintains strong relationships with staff and residents in long-term care facilities for Company provided services to residents to improve their overall health and quality of life.
· Verifies facility schedules and resident?s orders in advance and all materials needed for site visits to assure everything is ready and prepared for the visits.
· Prepares exam area for receiving patients such as, cleaning and sanitizing area, equipment preparation and set-up, transporting patients to and from exam and patient areas by following Company policies.
· Performs various administrative duties such as organizing and planning the next week?s visits.
· Entering and maintaining patient medical records containing history, exams and visit records into the EMR medical record system, keeping track of residents? prescriptions and orders, repairs/adjustments, etc. and uploading necessary patient documents such as disclosures, waivers, etc.· Keeping supply inventory stocked and request needed items when supply gets low.
· Checking schedules to ensure team has what is needed for each resident on the schedule prior to the visit.
· Cleans and breaks down the exam area after visit is complete, including cleaning and disinfecting medical equipment or instruments.
· Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
· Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
· Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
· Certified Optician· Strong knowledge of medical terminology· Patient care experience preferred.· Must have own reliable transportation and good driving record.· Must have strong computer skills and medical terminology experience.· Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.· Must be able to follow directions and listen to the needs of patients and doctors.· Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service.· Critical thinking/Solution-based skills required for a time sensitive environment.· Must have integrity, honesty and be ethical.· Must be compassionate and sensitive to other?s needs and feelings.· Must be able to work independently as well as being a team member.· Must demonstrate leadership skills with co-workers, clients and the public in general.· Must have initiative to take on responsibilities and challenges.Physical Demands:Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing, walking, pushing and stooping on a periodic basis. Frequent lifting requirements vary depending upon specialty division hired for: (Ophthalmology and Vision: less than 50 pounds. Podiatry: minimal lifting. Dental: 50 pounds or more.) Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.