This position is responsible for visiting long term care facilities and assisting patients and physicians with optometry and podiatry care. Main duties include maintaining clinical records and charts through electronic medical records and care and cleaning of medical equipment.
Must be willing to travel a 2 hour radius as needed. **Mileage reimbursement + travel time pay offered
No Nights or Weekends!
Looking for a local person that lives in the LANSDALE, PERKASIE or QUAKERTOWN area.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, short and long-term disability Paid time off , a 401(k) plan with company matching contributions, mileage reimbursement, life insurance and opportunities for employees to develop their skills and grow their careers.
Essential Job Functions:·
- Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Maintains current and accurate clinical records and charts through electronic medical records.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Responsible for clean-up of service area at the facility.
- Assist with patient transportation.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ensure a positive experience for our patients, doctors and clients
- Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, clinical director and staff.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel 40% of the time within a 90 minute radius of Quakertown, 60% of your time will be assigned to an office in Perkasie, PA
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform medical clerical work in an office setting.
- Coordinating repairs of medical equipment and ordering medical supplies.
- High School education or GED.
- Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record, and car insurance.
- Good computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft programs and basic medical terminology experience required.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to follow directions and listen to needs of patients and doctors.
- Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires standing, walking, pushing, and stooping on a periodic basis.
- Frequent lifting requirements vary depending upon specialty division hired for. (Ophthalmology and Vision: less than 50 pounds. Podiatry: minimal lifting. Dental: 50 pounds or more.)
- Must be able to push patients in wheelchair. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.We are an equal opportunity employer