About The Client
Our client is a group of independent prestigious private clinics specialising in gynaecology and fertility treatments. Each clinic is a fully integrated centre of medical excellence dedicated to caring for and protecting all aspects of a woman's gynaecological and reproductive health.
Medical Personal Assistant
Our client is seeking a Medical Personal Assistant, to provide first class pro-active PA/Secretarial support to a busy Consultant. The Medical Personal Assistant will work with various teams to co-ordinate the Consultants' schedules, busy workload and clinic commitments.
The successful candidate will be confident, with clear communication and a real focus on providing outstanding support to the Consultants. We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, who can work well with the various teams at all levels across the clinic. They will be able to adhere to processes and protocol and prioritise workload in order to meet the Consultants' objectives and work well in a tight knit team.
Duties and responsibilities
* Typing clinic and procedure-room related documents from Consultant's dictations, including medical reports
* Responsible for, and organisation of, the Consultant's diary to ensure the smooth running of their workload and schedule
* Organising, scheduling and liaising with third party hospitals to schedule and prepare their operating and procedure lists
* Chasing up test results
* Administration of Consultants' diaries in consultation with other staff in the group
* Deal with telephone and email enquiries in a professional manner and ensure all information given is up to date and accurate
* Ensure that post initial consultations patients have all the necessary information and appointment planning to proceed with treatment
* Booking/amending patient clinic appointments
* General housekeeping and filing
* Liaising with patients to provide first port of contact in order to book appointments, answer patient queries and take messages for Consultants
* Provision of cross cover for other areas (annual leave and ad hoc absences)
* Regularly assessing working practices to identify possible improvements and improve efficiency
* Flexibility in terms of working times and responsibilities e.g. out-of-hours work may be required with due notice The ideal candidate will be
* Highly organised, detail-oriented and analytical
* Have a strong understanding and respect for confidentiality
* Will have a AMSPAR qualification or equivalent proven experience
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and other systems
* MediTEX and MidexPro knowledge preferable not essential
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and telephone manner
* Self-motivated and self-starter with the ability to prioritise and schedule work independently
* Discretionary bonus
* Cycle to work scheme
* annual season ticket loan
* 6.6 weeks' holiday inclusive of bank holidays
Roles are available at both Harley Street and Hammersmith locations.
This is a clinical role which must be undertaken on-site. There will be no opportunity for remote/home working.
Monday to Friday, 9 hours per day, 8am to 6pm
£30,000-£35,000 per annum
Experience / qualifications
Previous Medical Secretary experience within a private fertility environment is preferred but not essential