Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting a Merchandise Planner on behalf of a leading, global fashion retail company. The role will directly report to the IPA Manager and will be responsible for maintaining the level of appropriate planning, distribution, allocation and monitoring of inventory to maximize sales, turnover, and profit. Role offers hybrid setup and will be based in Quezon City.
- Works closely with the Group IPA Manager and IPA Senior Manager in a strategic approach to determine goals and objectives for the department and to ensure team effectiveness and success in achieving goals.
- Reports to the Group IPA Manager any deviations from existing procedures and techniques, and recommends remedial measures accordingly.
- Helps determines demographic issues by region and partner with buyers and store on potential merchandise adjustments.
- Monitors purchases by brand, product group, and style.
- Research, recommend and coordinate system and process improvement.
- Leads all IPA Analysts under his/her supervision by regularly coaching them, fostering a sense of teamwork with the entire company, and providing direction, feedback and assistance.
- Propose/highlight slow selling and merchandise for markdown and/or liquidation.
- Analyze the business against sales, inventory and gross margin (&/or COG) by week, and month for the ties against forecast.
- Set up replenishment parameters on SAP replenishment system/functionality.
- Analyze replenishment management performance and make recommendations.
- Oversees the IPA Analyst in tracking shipping and/or delivery completion for replenishment orders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team on replenishment requirement to drive inventory to meet stock targets.
- Work with cross-functional team to ensure timely and accurate execution of new store assortments and quantities.
- Supervises the IPA Analyst in tracking styles for upcoming promotions sale events and ensure adequate inventory level.
- Oversees the IPA Analyst to ensure immediate processing availability of merchandise for all outright orders.
- Support and partner with the Sr. Planner on day-to-day projects and statistical reporting.
- Identify and raise issues to Sr. Planner as they arise.
- Prepares related reports as required
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor Degree holder of Industrial Engineer, Business Administration, Math, Statistics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years job-related experience from Retail and/or Logistics industries; with people-management experience is a must
- Proficient in MS Excel; experience on ERP software (SAP/Oracle/JAD) is an edge
- Strong analytical, organizational and computer-proficiency skills
- Able to execute projects on timely basis while maintaining focus on accuracy
- With strong leadership qualities
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills