The Medical Assistant 2 is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care.
- Performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system
- Taking vital signs giving injections
- Performing diagnostic tests
- Collecting specimens drawing blood sterilizing and cleaning equipment and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site.
- Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses.
- Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows.
- Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments.
- Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards but has some latitude over prioritization/timing and works under minimal direction.
- Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- 1 - 3 years of Medical Assistant experience in 'back-office' direct patient care - Applicable State licensure in field of study RMA/ CMA - Current CPR certification
- Less than 2 years of Professional leadership experience - This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana/Senior Bridge's Tuberculosis TB screening program. If selected for this role you will be required to be screened for TB.
- High School Diploma
- Bilingual - Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records