I am currently recruiting for a Network Engineer with the following qualities.
Location of the position is flexible, UK is preferable and would be Inside IR35.
The successful candidate must speak very good clear English.
Interview process will be 3 stage, initial screen with HR then the hiring team.
You must be able to be pro-active/ own it type attitude.
Must have very good exposure with EVP / VXLAN
Please see below the job description.
Engineer will be given 3 months buddying during onboarding, during this period the RE would be expected to absorb and demonstrate how new practice/technology has been learnt.
Key role responsibilities for the Resident Engineer
- Support production environment of Juniper products within the Customer infrastructure
- Provide technical insight and assistance to the customer for SaaS/Cloud/POC sites
- Support design validation at LLD level
- Support the delivery and technical escalations of SD-WAN and NFV Cloud Solution customers
* Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues.
* Participation in an on-duty rotation to assist in troubleshooting and service restoration outside of business hours and at weekends.
* Hold technology workshops with the Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
* Understand the Customer's organizational structure and become familiar with the Customer's network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in supporting a network that is available and sustainable.
* Assist the Customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures.
* Develop and maintain scripted solutions to simply troubleshooting and pro-active maintenance.
* Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer
*Hold network information gathering workshops with the Customer to understand the Customer's existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
* Train the Customer's design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products
* Produce a written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the Customer
* Carry out testing of new Designs, features, and functionality as required by the Customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
* Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
o The Resident Engineer is expected to peer with other employees performing similar resident engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
oCandidates for this role MUST have a minimum 5 years experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
o Candidates for this role MUST be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
Strong Interpersonal skills, Ability to work well with many levels of customer engineering and management, ability to work well with the juniper account team and Technical assistance center.
o Experience of designing and implementing virtualized software and solutions is desirable.
o Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers Switches and Firewalls. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
o Detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP networks. These skills should generally include:
o a. TCP/IP fundamentals,
o b. IP subnetting and supernetting and hierarchical routing principles,
o c. Routing protocol operation (OSPF and BGP),
o d. Routing policies at BGP peering points,
o e. VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (L2TP, MPLS, etc.)
o Switching, spanning tree and other switching technology as required, Firewalls and associated technologies as required
o The ability to function in a team environment and recognize and take on tasks with self-direction as well as the ability to take direction from the customer, account team, and Advanced Services Management.
o The ability to communicate well within the Juniper team articulating customer problems before they become issues being proactive where possible.
o Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper Networks router, firewall, switching and Service Orchestration products, passion to continue learning and expanding your knowledge.
o Juniper Certification a plus
Strong Technical Experience in the following areas are desired;
o Knowledge of JUNOS/Juniper Platform is highly preferred
o Advanced Knowledge of Routing, Switching & Firewall
o Good understanding of Juniper Q-Fabric/QFX/EX Operation & Design
o Good understanding of Juniper MX Operation & Design
o Good understanding of Juniper SRX Operation & Design
o Advanced knowledge of MPLS/VPN Operation & Design
o Familiarity with JUNOS Space and Other Enterprise Level Management Tools
o Contrail, OpenStack (Redhat/Mirantis/other), Contrail Service Orchestration (other Orchestration), Ubuntu/RHEL, KVM (other) Hypervisors, Containers, Docker and other Juniper products including vMX, vSRX, NFX. Knowledge of underlay/overlay and IP networking.
o Linux, Scripting (e.g. Perl, Python), Network Monitoring and OSS/BSS/IT integration.
The RE will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.