Nostro Reconciliations and Investigations Analyst
Outline of the role
This is a long-term temporary position within the back-office of an international corporate bank. The role holder will play a key role to ensure BAU and other daily team tasks are completed accurately, on time and to the expected standards in accordance with operational procedures and controls. Escalates issues and challenges, reports routinely and updates team leader promptly.
- To reconcile EMEA cash accounts with other correspondent banks daily to ensure proper booking and identify discrepancies for immediate follow up.
- Reconcile Interest and Charges across all Nostro accounts.
- Ensure detailed information is received for all unmatched items and updated in the reconciliation database/tool.
- To reconcile the 5 sub-ledgers to GL to ensure the GL balances are fully substantiated by the corresponding sub ledger balances
- Assist with the maintenance and review of desktop procedures relating to day to day processes and administer updates via the policy and procedures database on a periodic basis in order to comply with bank policy.
- Proactively follows compliance procedures and completes tasks accurately and promptly. Attends compliance training and integrates learning and requirements into the day to day delivery of tasks, demonstrating an understanding of applicable risks and controls.
- Support team members to ensure all allocated work is completed in a timely manner with high standards and controls being maintained.
- Participate in UAT/Build Testing of Section applications. Assist with UAT as part of new system upgrades and development. Prompt escalation of any issues identified and follow through to remediation.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Likely a minimum of 2 years in an operational role or corporate banking role with exposure to handling payments, Nostro/Vostro reconciliations, payment investigations, clearing breaks, etc.
- Self-motivated, well organised, energetic, flexible and collaborative.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to deal effectively at all levels.
- Highly analytical and evidence of problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong risk awareness.
- Experience of 'User Acceptance Testing' (UAT) and system development.
- Good interpersonal and internal stakeholder management, capable to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the bank as well as other external financial institutions and banks.
- Client-service oriented mindset, with an eye to operational process improvement.
This is a temporary role for urgent start, however it has excellent long-term prospects for extension. Interested parties please get in touch ASAP.