Operation Strategic & Efficiency Manager - Mining (based in Jakarta)
Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a leading national company with a core focus on mining. As expansion continues, our client is seeking a professional with at least 20 years' experience in mining for the job of Operation Strategic & Efficiency Manager - Mining. The job is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Lead the whole project strategic and efficiency in mining site, reporting to the General Manager
- Manage together with engineering, and mining team in all aspects of improvement project in day-to-day in a mining site
- Work cross-departmentally to identify and facilitate operational improvement projects.
- Develop multi-year continuous improvement plans with other departments to track progress.
- Manage the continuous improvement pipeline with the site management teams, including the selection, tracking, and running of operations.
- Provide continuous feedback and follow up in regard to operational guidelines, product, and system developments.
- Work with all levels of the organization to influence change, teaching, coaching, and mentoring.
- Lead and prioritize complex, high-priority improvement projects.
- Coordinate with the engineering team on improvement analysis of asset (heavy equipment) and mining project site
- Make a continuous improvement program, facilities planning, process engineering, maintenance and application of technology and engineering work relating to new project development
- Direct and manage all continuous improvement project activities including planning, and execution
- Assess six sigma and kaizen information and provide direction in the development of mine strategies
- Contribute to the senior management team in establishing the overall strategy for the mine improvement
- Co-ordinate, lead and manage mine operations working towards agreed performance and production targets
- Set strategic direction of the mining process, develop continuous improvement initiatives, and improve procedures in an economical manner
· Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering, or related field
· Minimum 20 years combined experience in continuous improvement in mining
· At least 10 years of experience in operational excellence, preferable from a packaging manufacturer company
· Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
· Experience in operational excellence or continuous improvement
· Have strong networking with a mining project in all around Kalimantan site
· Skill on overall general management with a focus on mining operation
· Strong knowledge of continuous improvement, mining technology and heavy production equipment
· Possess leadership to head the team
· Strong ability to coordinate and communicate with his team, and also across to other departments/ companies (matrix organization)
· Capability to work independently (analyse, plan, action, control) with initiative and creativity to ensure operational excellence
· English language, international business experience highly desirable
· Experienced professional with an entrepreneurial character and a "hands-on approach."
· Team player, positive attitude, hands-on and high flexibility