Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Industrial Division is exclusively partnered with multinational organization who is well established in the field of manufacturing. Our respected client is seeking an Operations Controller who will be supporting the company's stakeholders in China. The key requirement for the candidate is to be able to converse in Mandarin (Written and Verbal) and that the candidate has prior knowledge of SAP. It is an added advantage if the candidate has dealt with stakeholder from China (past/current).
- Provide support in the preparation of financial statements, budgets, and forecasts in accordance with legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensures business partnership, high quality and timely reporting within framework of ARM (Accounting and Reporting Manual), ICS (Internal Control System), SAP posting rules.
- Responsible for management of Fixed Assets and related processes
- Responsible for management of Inventory
- Ensures quality and speed in delivering Service Centre (SC) deliverable to business and In Country Finance (ICF)
Key job responsibilities include:
- Identify and develop key performance indicators that align activities with operational goals
- Thoroughly review, understand, and explain variances to both plan (standard cost), plan year and prior year in accordance with established thresholds
- Analyze business information, identify opportunities to reduce cost and increase revenue
- Analyze, evaluate, and administer components of operating processes and recommend improvements
- Monitor and track monthly expenditures to minimize overspending above planned and/or approved levels
- Interpret complex financial data and related operational activities
- Maintain Fixed Asset register, monthly reporting relating to Fixed Assets management
- Maintain Inventory, monthly reporting relating to Inventory management
- Recommend improvement ideas to reduce cost, improve working capital, reduce obsolescence, waste etc
- Reporting, Analysis, Process improvements, Projects
- Review operating results before closing to minimize errors
- Ensure reports are complete, accurate and meet expectations of users
- Prepare presentations for performance management, track and ensure ownership of action items and follow up as necessary
- Ensures quality & timely financial reports relating to Operations, should facilitate business support and decision support to ICF, RAP Finance and Business team.
- Drive automation and process improvement projects
- Fulfill all reporting requirements and meet reporting deadlines
- Perform deep dive product cost evaluation and analysis
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis as needed
Budgeting & Planning
- Prepare and maintain standard costs including related cost center planning/ activities
- Assist in annual target setting
- Prepare monthly/quarterly and annual forecasts as needed
- Lead together with OPS for the Yearly Capex Plan and Quarterly Capex Forecast (GIF)
- Perform complex analysis, modeling, and other tool creation to enhance planning and reporting processes
Controls & Compliance
- Monitor and enforce adherence to company policies
- Develop and recommend internal control improvements
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with all local rules and regulations
Key Job requirements include:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant finance and accounting experience or in controlling.
- SAP experience must
- Verbal and written language skills in Mandarin to converse with stakeholders from China.
- Must be meticulous and analytical.
- Accepts ownership for goal attainment.
- Ability to solve urgent matters and work under pressure
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be team player
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good IT skills with computer spreadsheets, software, and automated accounting systems.
- Proven track record to manage finance processes, workflows
- Prior Business Partnering skills will be an added advantage
- Possess critical thinking, problem-solving skills, good analytical skills. Ability to connect dots
- Possess good interpersonal skills and collaborative skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise.