Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Thailand is recruiting on behalf of an international leading power and renewable energy engineering construction company. Our client is looking for a Country Leader to manage overall operations in Thailand. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Operations Manager manages work activities associated with the construction of substation projects. Ideal candidate will ensure proper construction practices and commissioning services are utilized on all construction projects. Operations Manager serve as a compliance lead for Company.
- Look after all EPC substation projects in Thailand, handling multiple projects with EGAT, PEA, and MEA.
- Owns and execute the substation construction program. Executes all operating and growth construction projects on time and on budget.
- Provide operational and technical guidance to project and field teams.
- Ensures substation standards are followed and improved upon.
- Overseas and exposure to latest Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) codes.
- Acts as a compliance lead and/or a subject matter expert for all applicable EGAT, PEA, and MEA reliability standards and criterion.
- Preconstruction responsibilities include but not limited to Pre-job visits, assist estimators, and prepare bids or proposals when necessary.
- Financial responsibilities: Assist with the management of purchase orders, subcontracts, project P&L, etc.
- Train Construction Managers, field Supervisors, staff, etc. on administrative process as required.
- Monitor performance metrics for operating unit - production, man-hours, accidents, and incidents. Review weekly productivity of crews and adjust as necessary. Provide work progress reports as necessary. Develop corrective action plans when required.
- Ensure the safe proper use and application of company equipment and tooling. Ensure proper equipment is procured for projects.
- Participate in Customer program meetings. Regular customer contact and engagement. Client networking and Business Development.
- At least bachelor's degree in civil, electrical, or related engineering field.
- Must have at least 15 years of supervisor and management experience in the substation business in the power transmission & distribution sector.
- Preferred Skills: Open-shop substation and transmission line construction experience.
- Knowledge of EPC industry and constructability.
- Good command in English (Read, write, and speak) should be in expert level.