Corporate Receptionist x 2 - King's Cross - Part-time job share
3 days a week - Monday to Wednesday or Weds to Friday. 8.30 - 4.30pm daily with a little flex.
We urgently require two super part-time receptionists to work in a job share in a wonderful company in Kings Cross. (Boutique offices).
The role is Monday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Friday, onsite, 3 days a week respectively, with the Wednesday as a work together day, allowing for exceptional service and communication between the two job share receptionists.
The role requires really capable and warm and engaging receptionists who are happy to work alone for the two days each and then on the third day, work together and communicate on projects or ad hoc office coordination tasks.
The incumbents will handle general front of house duties and be able to take on extra responsibility in relation to ad hoc facilities tasks. .
Individuals should be expert at front of house delivery and well presented, with excellent communication skills and really happy to work in a boutique environment, delivering best in class service to the senior leadership of the business who are located at this office.
Candidates should be warm and engaging and the company has amazing values and a great team and the positions report in to the Facilities Manager.
Hours; 8.00 - 4.30 daily with flex to cover for each others holiday.
Working in a highly successful construction company, providing key support as front of house and acting as an ambassador for the company.
Acting as a first point of contact and 'face of the business,' the Front of House (FOH) Co-ordinator proactively champions the Group 'We Care' philosophy through the provision of exceptional internal and external service to all members of staff and visitors/callers to the office in Kings Cross. The FOH Co-ordinator works as part of the FOH Team who support our other regional offices.
- Be the welcoming 'face' of the office, providing the highest level of customer care and sharing knowledge about the working environment to colleagues and visitors.
- Liaise with departmental/business managers and clients to ensure full and proactive business support is provided.
- Ensure all visitors, clients, and employees are signed in and out of the building and that the front desk is appropriately manned to ensure service levels are met, including cover for sickness, leave and security
- Maintain a clean and organised office space, ensuring meeting rooms have all necessary equipment for upcoming meetings and working with the cleaning team to ensure the office cleanliness standards are maintained to a high level.
- Arrange the correct IT equipment and instructions for a seamless meeting set-up and use the access control software and desk /meeting room software to provide/remove access to employees, visitors and contractors as required.
- Arrange refreshments for meetings as required including setting up tea/coffee stations, placing orders for food and clearing items away after meetings.
- Support events and meetings with clients that are held on site
- Support the Facilities Manager with duties as required, such as scheduled office maintenance inc. dealing with contractors and logging service reports on the Facilities SharePoint site.
- Escalate issues and challenges to the Facilities Manager, ensuring company procedures are followed, and a compliant and professional service is delivered to our customers.
- Lead initiatives to introduce and improve Front of House processes and champion better ways of working, proactively collaborating with other group service teams (e.g. Marketing & Communications, HR, Accounts and Procurement).
- Elicit feedback regarding the effectiveness of the facilities function services and activities with a view towards continuous improvement.
- Ensure data quality principles are always adhered to and championed.
- Monitor, respond and/or acknowledge, forward and action the Front of House inbox.
- Manage stock of stationery and other consumables.
- Perform administrative tasks such as booking meeting rooms, data entry and invoice processing.
- Monitor and provide data relating to visitors/callers to the office and usage of the desks and meeting rooms. Assist in compiling reports that reflect departmental activity and allow analysis of trends and patterns.
- Adhere to the Front of House dress code. The duties required from this role are constantly reviewed and some tasks may change as the department evolves and reviews its procedures to match the needs of the Group.
Person Specification - Skills, Experience & Attributes
Demonstrable experience in a FOH/Office coordination
Strong interpersonal and customer-focused skills - comfortable dealing with people at all levels (internal and external).
Highly developed organisational and administrative skills - proven ability to meet tight deadlines, plan and prioritise workloads, and execute high-quality, timely services
Assertive & professional whilst personable & approachable.
Tech savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems.
Proactive 'self-starter' who uses their initiative and takes accountability for quality standards - acts as a company ambassador.
Responds positively/enthusiastically and readily adapts within a fast-paced/changeable work environment.
Forward thinking problem solver with sound judgement and professional discretion - remains confident and calm under pressure.
Experience developing internal processes and ensuring compliance.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Flexibility and willingness to work flexible or additional hours as per the needs of the role.
Apply today for immediate screening. These posts are really super opportunities for exceptional receptionists who are confident, poised and professional and really care about their work and their colleagues. A great working environment and company await for candidates looking for 3 days a week with a great business.