Payment Coordinator (6 month FTC)
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
The role of the fixed contract Payment Coordinator role is to recover payment for outstanding invoices from meeting room bookings. The initial focus of this role will be to reconcile payments in Stripe with Pending and Failed invoices in our booking system, before contacting the company to discuss payment options. This role will also involve supporting Meeting Room Sales Executives with managing the credit card payment process for bookings/invoices where payment does not go through immediately. Once payments are successfully received, it is the duty of the Payment Coordinator to mark the invoice as Paid in the booking system.
The secondary focus of this role, upon successful implementation of online credit card payments, will be to monitor incoming successful and failed payments via a payment dashboard, ensuring all successful payments are allocated and any failed payments are actioned with the relevant client via resending payment links or arranging BACs transfers.
- Follow up with meeting room clients with debt on account
- Working with the Meeting Room Sales Executives to ensure client accounts are up to date and reconciliations are in line with expectations
- Notifying client and meeting room sales executives of any failed payments
- Flagging any data inaccuracies or issues with process to the Head of Meetings and Event Sales
Monitoring & Processing Payment
- Managing payment dashboard
- Taking payments via online portal - Stripe
- Arranging payment proposals and allocating payments to the correct invoice
- Sending invoices to clients as part of the debt collection process
- Suspending/ escalating clients to the Client Debt Manager and Head of Meetings and Event Sales when necessary
Ad-hoc tasks to support the Finance and Sales when required
Manage client queries when required and work to resolve
Act as the first point of contact for sensitive cases or client debt
Ensuring customer service standards are maintained at all times whilst protecting the business from debt
· Graduate level
· MS Office, Word and Excel
· Market knowledge
· CRM Experienced
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Numerate and IT literate.
· Hands-on team player with strong problem solving ability and exceptional attention to detail.
· Possess a flexible and resilient attitude.
· Able to multi task and work well under pressure.
· Customer service experience
· Industry experience
· Previous experience with debt recovery
· Team player